new TANNER bifold and belt

siznam

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually love the second buckle that I got with these better than the original buckle that came with the belt. Hecklewood and their service is amazing! Sam was really quick with emails and helped me exchange the belt which I had sized too big.

what are we supposed to "deal" with the belt, once we get it? I read over the leather goods thread on sufu, and supposedly your supposed to tan natural leather for 3 days, then oil it , and then wear it.

does the same go for the tanner belt? how do i go about requesting a leather keeper?

last question- i'm a true waist 31. if i'm reading correctly, do i go for a size 32 belt, to get the middle hole around 31"? ( i wear a sz 29 APC NS for reference.. sized down 2)

is hecklewood reputable? or is it better to buy directly off tanner's online website... any past experiences?

thanks and sorry for these noob questions. there seems to be differing opinions on sizing and such throughout these 7 pages

what are we supposed to "deal" with the belt, once we get it? I read over the leather goods thread on sufu, and supposedly your supposed to tan natural leather for 3 days, then oil it , and then wear it.

does the same go for the tanner belt? how do i go about requesting a leather keeper?

last question- i'm a true waist 31. if i'm reading correctly, do i go for a size 32 belt, to get the middle hole around 31"? ( i wear a sz 29 APC NS for reference.. sized down 2)

is hecklewood reputable? or is it better to buy directly off tanner's online website... any past experiences?

thanks and sorry for these noob questions. there seems to be differing opinions on sizing and such throughout these 7 pages

I also wear a 31 and ordered a 32 in the tanner belt. Length and hole placement are fine for me (there are 4 holes and I use the 3rd whenever I wear it).

You do not need to treat the belts in any way. If you're looking to make the natural tan belt look super vintage asap you can certainly oil it up and put it under the sun for days on end, but you don't "need" to do anything. If you're ordering brown/black/white don't even worry about it.

I ordered from the Hecklewood site and got my belt in about a week or so. No complaints.

there's been a couple people asking about measurements, so here's the definitive way to figure out what size to order.

1. DON'T order based off the size denim you wear - as we all know, sizes vary from brand to brand.

2. DO go try on a couple belts, or look at what size you currently wear. All belt companies size their belts the same way....so try on a couple to see what size works best.

Here's how belts are graded for size - the MEASURED size from the middle hole to where the leather folds over itself is 2 inches longer than the STATED size. For example, a size 34 belt is 36" from the middle hole to the fold. This extra 2" accounts for the thickness of material.

yeah, but do you guys have a longer belt for the bigger sizes? the belt i got had about 3" left after the last hole and barely went through the tack.

Just visited Hecklewood... I looked through the shirst some of which were quite nice. What is the measurements on a medium? I have a 19" chest pit to pit so i guess im looking for a slim fit so a few inches on top of that. I especially like the Hecklewood Honeycomb and Inn by Monsieur T. Nce... Belt coming my way soon...

In case anybody was wondering, you can wear the belt right out of the box, but I deceided to tan mine in the sun and it turned a beautiful caramel color, which was then followed by a light application of Obenauf's LP oil. such a great belt.