new TANNER bifold and belt

siznam

I know it seems retarded - that's just the standard additional rate we charge for anything shipped internationally on our website, cause figuring different shipping rates for all continents was a major headache....

but yeah, since we're just doin this thing for superfuture people, go ahead and give me your shipping address and we'll cut a couple bucks off for n.american customers...

anyone interested in ordering a belt or bifold can email me at [email protected] with your name, address, and style/size...we'll invoice ya through paypal...

Aw man, $5 more to Canada, but also $5 more to Belgium? Shipping price to Canada is probably no different than to USA (or very very minimal for a belt)..

Also, are you taking orders and shipping now? How do I go about paying

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people always think its way cheaper to send to canada and it is if you use priority, but that doesn't have tracking, etc. EMS is the same for me everywhere.

Global priority DOES have a tracking #.. Starts with LC...

I just bought mine, came to $60 to Canada.. They are shipping Dec 10th for anyone thats wondering

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, what material are the buckle and keeper? ... I hope you dont say that its nickle-plated...

if its pure nickle or pure steel I'll definitely buy one

yes so uhh - you avoided that question quite well ...

why chrome ? ew

sorry man, wasn't trying to avoid the question... you're right, the hardware nickel plated.

The hardware isn't chrome - there's a big difference between that and nickel plated. Chrome finish is a cheap [construction and price point] way to imitate a nickel plated finish. It chips relatively easy, and looks like shit after a month or two.

The reason we choose to use nickel plated over solid nickel is two reasons:

1. the difference in durability and appearance is nil. we use the same hardare that's used for rugged, commercial saddles and military bags. we've wear tested these same buckles on our messenger bags for over a year with no sign of degredation in appearance or function.

2. all of our products are sourced and produced in limited numbers by hand here in N. America. one of our main goals has always been to offer unique, functionally sound and utilitarian products at an affordable price. at this price we couldn't construct a belt with a solid nickel buckle, nor could we source them. but if someone wants to switch out the buckle for something else, all they have to do is unsnap the belt and throw something else in there.

hope that helps to clarify!

yes so uhh - you avoided that question quite well ...

why chrome ? ew

the belts and wallets ordered have been constructed and almost ready to ship...our order of hardware was delayed a few days, and should arrive wedneday - so all items should get shipped out via priority mail late wednesday/early thursday. sorry about the slight delay to everyone that ordered product!

anyone with q's can hit me up at [email protected]

yeah was wondering if they would be arriving soon? i got the wallet and belt. also i ordered a bag from your site.

Guest doubletap

the belt looks nice, I like the pointy end.

I would buy it if it had a better buckle, this one looks too common, and I would also like it if the buckle was the keeper since i like my shit to hang out over the belt loop on my denim.

• 2 weeks later...
sorry man, wasn't trying to avoid the question... you're right, the hardware nickel plated.

The hardware isn't chrome - there's a big difference between that and nickel plated. Chrome finish is a cheap [construction and price point] way to imitate a nickel plated finish. It chips relatively easy, and looks like shit after a month or two.

The reason we choose to use nickel plated over solid nickel is two reasons:

hope that helps to clarify!

Hey Siznam, I might be overlooking something, but i think you still havent said what metal the buckle is made of.....yes, its nickel plated...but nickel plated what??...steel?...brass?...bronze?...copper?...chrome?.....I need to know these things as itll affect the long term appearance after the buckle starts to wear/age...thanks!

Got my belt & I'm loving it... along with the leather card holder & extra belt buckle...

• 3 weeks later...

hey, sorry about the delayed response...

anyways, we use nickel plated brass because over time it's much more resistant to rust.

Hey Siznam, I might be overlooking something, but i think you still havent said what metal the buckle is made of.....yes, its nickel plated...but nickel plated what??...steel?...brass?...bronze?...copper?...chrome?.....I need to know these things as itll affect the long term appearance after the buckle starts to wear/age...thanks!

• 5 weeks later...