Bicyclettes

canice

if its a track bike, go buy a 15mm wrench and an allen key set and do it yourself (*edit -- this will cost you about $15). if its a track bike, i have no clue what tuning is even really possible. if you can't do simple shit like that, you probably don't employ the mental capacity to ride the thing in the first place.

the one thing i'll always have a shop do is install threaded headsets. the tool costs a fucking ton and frankly i don't know what i'm doing in that neck of the woods.

If you care about stuff like that you ain't riding enough.

if you care about that, you probably ride enough to pick up an occasional flat tire. and having the valve and tire logo lined up makes it a lot easier to fish out any debris that stays in the tire so you don't flat again by the same piece of glass that is still stuck there.

if its a track bike, go buy a 15mm wrench and an allen key set and do it yourself (*edit -- this will cost you about $15). if its a track bike, i have no clue what tuning is even really possible. if you can't do simple shit like that, you probably don't employ the mental capacity to ride the thing in the first place.

the one thing i'll always have a shop do is install threaded headsets. the tool costs a fucking ton and frankly i don't know what i'm doing in that neck of the woods.

shit's threadless, and the hardware store is about twice as far from my apt.

just try it. You'll need most of the tools later anyway.

i could've done it myself, just felt like taking it to the bike shop for $20 instead of walking twice the distance to the hardware shop and dropping $15 on tools.

just took her out for a ride... felt so good. the pedal straps feel pretty cheap, that's probably the only thing i'd consider changing just yet.

nyc heads - will a kryp. u-lock be sufficient?

i could've done it myself, just felt like taking it to the bike shop for $20 instead of walking twice the distance to the hardware shop and dropping $15 on tools.

just took her out for a ride... felt so good. the pedal straps feel pretty cheap, that's probably the only thing i'd consider changing just yet.

nyc heads - will a kryp. u-lock be sufficient?

so you brought your pre-assembled bike to the bike shop and had it installed? isn't it more convenient to walk further to get some tools that you would use anyway than walking a pre-assembled bike?

but you do really need a multi tool just in case you know

you had the LBS setup your bike for you and they didn't even cut the steerer tube down? unless you need it that long, in that case, you should have gotten a bigger bike. but then that wouldnt explain the slammed seatpost.

but then again, i probably dont know what im talking about.

yeah wtf steerer tube.

or maybe you didn't set up your seat right.

so ,yeah, maybe too big of bike

i duno dude. its a 50cm, and i'm like 5'7-5'8. if i stand over the frame there's a lil space for my jewels, which i've been told is optimal. what advantage will raising the seat have?

i duno dude. its a 50cm, and i'm like 5'7-5'8. if i stand over the frame there's a lil space for my jewels, which i've been told is optimal. what advantage will raising the seat have?

if you raise your seat, your legs extend more. you can feel a big difference when you ride. its alot more comfortable and easier to pedal faster. and i dunno whats goin on with your steerer tube. you got some MTB geometry goin on there