Bicyclettes

canice

I'm 5'11" how would a 54 cm frame feel?

Shut the fuck up and learn how to use the internet! A similar version of this question has been asked 3 times in the last two pages, and any answer that doesn't you that it depends on a ton of variables such as your leg/torso proportions, the geometry of the frame, and the way a particular manufacturer measures their frames is complete bullshit.

This thread used to be a pretty decent place to talk bikes with supertalkers...but the last few pages have been a constant mish-mash of awesome pictures and stupid "first post on a bike forum" questions. I thought it was going to be cool when Superfuture opened up registration again...but, with the destruction of threads like this one, I am starting to think it was an awful move.

Sorry for the rant, but seriously. Getting back to bikes...that Colnago is pretty excellent, though I would recommend you get some bar ends or grips of some sort so you avoid punching a hole in your hand.

yeah i stil need grips as my bike store had sold out of the ones i wanted

Also...forgot to ask in my fit of rage above...but how close is the bike to all-Italian, hard to tell what some of the components are from the pics, but it looks like it could be close.

yeah,i may get some drops for show although im giving risers a try as i just dont ride in drops in the city.

at the minute the stem is un branded,and i have a hattaswan head set ,nitto riser,philwood rear hub

rest is all campagnolo and saddle is vintage selle regal

Shut the fuck up and learn how to use the internet! A similar version of this question has been asked 3 times in the last two pages, and any answer that doesn't you that it depends on a ton of variables such as your leg/torso proportions, the geometry of the frame, and the way a particular manufacturer measures their frames is complete bullshit.

This thread used to be a pretty decent place to talk bikes with supertalkers...but the last few pages have been a constant mish-mash of awesome pictures and stupid "first post on a bike forum" questions. I thought it was going to be cool when Superfuture opened up registration again...but, with the destruction of threads like this one, I am starting to think it was an awful move.

Sorry for the rant, but seriously. Getting back to bikes...that Colnago is pretty excellent, though I would recommend you get some bar ends or grips of some sort so you avoid punching a hole in your hand.

I apologize I don't usually visit sf much and I should have checked the last few pages. Frame is a 2008 fuji and the length from the floor to my assbone is 76.2 cm.

if you read more than 5 pages of this thread you would also hear me say GO TO COMPETITIVE CYCLIST AND DO THE FIT CALCULATOR because i think i say it at least ever 3-5 pages. your height will not determine your bike size. there are a ton of factors. i'm 6'2", but typically ride a 58-59 because i have a short inseam... repeater said he rides a 60 with the same height. get YOUR measurements and get a bike that fits YOU.

if you read more than 5 pages of this thread you would also hear me say GO TO COMPETITIVE CYCLIST AND DO THE FIT CALCULATOR because i think i say it at least ever 3-5 pages. your height will not determine your bike size. there are a ton of factors. i'm 6'2", but typically ride a 58-59 because i have a short inseam... repeater said he rides a 60 with the same height. get YOUR measurements and get a bike that fits YOU.

finally people spoke up.

i fucking hate this thread.

In my mind, skinny tubes/lugged frame = low-pro box section rims. 32 spokes please.

Lovely otherwise, if not incredibly, incredibly white.

I dunno man, my velocity fusions hold up so well for commuting I'd be hard pressed to go fully low profile. 36 spokes though, so they're overbuilt commuter wheels.

I meant for seenmy's bike.

It's really easy to overbuild a wheel these days with the rims that are out there. I mean, FFS, Shimano had those wheels with like 8 and 12 spokes and those fuckers hold up too. Not necessarily ride that great, but they hold up.

Low pro rims ride sooooo much better than mid-pro or higher, it's uncanny.

i know lo profile and drops would be purist way to go,but not for me this pretty much what i pictured in my mind so Im happy,not an ideal city bike as its a theft prone but il just live with that.just spent sometime messing round in my apt trackstanding and tight circles,