Bicyclettes

canice

i think it was 6-700 for a new concept frame last season. retail, then they got flipped absurdly.

get a kilo for your "first fixie". not a tight aluminum track frame that isnt drilled for brakes...

mm good advice.. lol im kinda down to just make the jump and suffer for the first month of being brakeless. i've riden my buddies standard pista and got a good feel for stopping and stuff. i can pedal backwards already, etc.. but... i JUST got a decent road bike. and i dont wanna make another big purchase for a while.

the concept was designed by sky yeager who was at bianchi. she did the pista and concepts, among others, thus the "100% chick designed" sticker on them. she left bianchi, for swobo i believe, and i think that has something to do with the drop. they weren't on the site for 2007/2008 either, but still shipped and i get fuzzy info from bianchi reps. i think a track version of the chrono is what's up next?

I just failed hard today. I was trying to turn a Trek 5200 into a winter single speed...ahem..."beater" decked out with racks and race fenders. When I put my rear wheel on, the chainstays had to bend about an inch total on both sides. Carbon chainstays under pressure+52/18 gearing probably would have killed me, so now I think I'll turn it into a 7 speed.

To that end, anyone selling a 700x23-25 rear wheel set up for Shimano?

now072wd4.jpg

Kitty: "brakes are for fakes!"

finally lost the bullhorns for some 70's japanese racing bike jump offs my roommates been sitting on. i guess he got them from this rich kids dad who used to be into cycling. also my seat is the stock bianchi one with the cheetah strip i got off my girls bike. all my upgrades are hand me downs.

yes. get some assos cream or chamois butt'r for added long ride comfort.

Yeah, that. The Chamois Butt'r/Assos Cream is really skippable for anything under 70-80 miles. Don't ride with anything under the shorts! My riding buddy last week was riding with panties under her shorts, and naturally rubbed her thighs raw . . . way to go kid! Not only that, but she refused to believe that sane people don't wear shit under the shorts. The whole point of the no-seams thing is to avoid rubbing your nuts/ass/thighs raw on a seam, putting seams under there with the compression from the shorts is brutal.

Is it bad form if I have to drive my bike somewhere to ride it? Yeah, mlproject not approved!

I dunno, depends on the ride. For anything casual, and relatively close, just suck it up and fucking ride. If it's really far away, a race, or something hardcore ( http://www.deathride.com comes to mind) , just drive, why not. Also, a lot of rides start at godawful hours, my last MS150 required signin by 6:30 AM, and I am NOT about to ride 2 hours before 6:30 am.

NAW DUDE ITS A HUGE SCAM HIDE YOUR MONEY UNDER YOUR MATTRESS

haha alright get your gunz, were takin them down!

alright.. maybe i'll check out the kilo