Bicyclettes

canice

so while researching and not having my computer with me at home, i ended up missing out on this frame.

please tell me it wasnt worth it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220298392045&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

Those used to sell as $700 completes. Made in Taiwan.

Crappy frames, decent IRD forks. I suppose they look sorta cool, but yeah, craps.

yeah, well i'm not locking that thing up much of anywhere aside from going out in lower risk areas or riding in the park. when i ride to work, its on the KHS or bridgestone.

fork is carbon so it's more forgiving than the frame, but overall the bike is still a bit harsh on the gooch for longer rides, especially if the roads are bumpy with the no flex aluminum.

I searched this thread and there has been only some talk, but not too extensively.. but how is aluminum for street riding/locking up? I understand that it's painful on the bum for longer rides-- my riding is usually ~10 - 15miles. The bike aluminum with a CrMo fork.

Does anyone ride aluminum for their daily? Streets are relatively smooth for riding where I live-- orange county, CA.

I have a steel bike that I'm thinking about selling.. or should i keep it for those "longer rides", 25+ miles?

but how is aluminum for street riding/locking up? I understand that it's painful on the bum for longer rides

There's too many variables to give you a straight answer. The size of the tubing and the geometry of the frame are a big factor, tire size and pressure is a big factor, too.

My GTB was no fun after an hour or two in the saddle, but I've ridden Cannondale touring bikes that are nearly as comfortable as steel.

If it isn't a 74° seat tube, you can run a 28mm+ tire at 80-90psi, and get a saddle that isn't some carbon-shelled ass-hatchet, then you'll be fine on aluminum for distance.

I searched this thread and there has been only some talk, but not too extensively.. but how is aluminum for street riding/locking up? I understand that it's painful on the bum for longer rides-- my riding is usually ~10 - 15miles. The bike aluminum with a CrMo fork.

Does anyone ride aluminum for their daily? Streets are relatively smooth for riding where I live-- orange county, CA.

I have a steel bike that I'm thinking about selling.. or should i keep it for those "longer rides", 25+ miles?

a fellow OC'er! i live in Irvine

roads here are really smooth too. i have an FTP and i dont have a problem with its aggresiveness. goochwise, youll feel a difference, but youll get used to it.

hmm.. you searched the whole thread, but didn't read the post before yours.

I did read your post. I said that I understand that its tough on the gooch for longer rides.. (pretty much what is said in your post) did you not read that in my post? You commented on locking up but I thought that was in regards only to being a theft magnet. So yeah..

I suppose I was looking for a more in depth discussion on aluminum frames. Sorry.

I hear carbon bars, fork, and even seatpost, make the ride a lot more smoother?

Truth?

I've heard this as well. My friends commuter bike is actually made of aluminum but with carbon forks and seat/chain stays (new specialized something or other.) He says its quite forgiving.

Not everyone can afford to ride Cinelli and NJS frames, tho :(

With the exception of my road bike that I blew all my savings on 5 years ago, my bikes ain't $$$ either, but quality doesn't necessarily come at a huge price.

I had a steel KHS TT bike with the curved seat tube, those frames are super nice. But then, they are custom-drawn triple butted True Temper. I have heard varying reports on the track model, which there aren't many of, and are round instead of aero drawn main tubes.

I had carbon Kestrel bars, which are lifetime warranty and approved for clip ons, but I slipped on my uncle's freshly epoxy-coated garage floor and fell over kinda easy and they cracked.

Sucks about carbon, one sharp rap and it's cracked. I won't use it for bars again for this reason or seatpost because they generally slip too easily.

But riding w/o a carbon fork is like sleeping without a pillow!

god dammit i want to go to a bike kill so bad

i was hanging out in wburg and greenpoint when i was in ny last and i kept seeing these bros around on like, multi level fixies, like two frames welded together, that shit is gangster. heard some rough stories about those guys haha