Bicyclettes

canice

im new to this fixie thing and am looking to buy a new stem and handlebars for my 07 bianchi pista. been looking at some nittos but for just the one stem there are several "types" ie 80mm, 90mm, 100mm and so on. wat does this number mean and and how should it affect my purchase? any help would be appreciated

you can't really put on threaded i.e. oldschool stems on a pista.

Unless you do a conversion, it only takes AHEAD stems.

you can't put a threaded stem in a threadless fork.

you can go the other way around with a quill adapter, but those make me nervous.

I have ridden three different models on my old cross race bike that has umpteen thousand miles.

They're safe, but I haven't found one that won't eventually creak. The interface is never as solid as a well made stem, not that quill stems are good anyway. I really just need to spend the money on a steertube replacement so I can make the bitch threadless.

Just finished up a project.

3019823329_cce238bcce.jpg

3020654544_4b45637355.jpg

3019823667_256c6748b9.jpg

57cm Schwinn Frame (World Sport I think) sanded and then SPRAY PAINTED

Pake 46t crankset

izumi 1/8 chain

alex solo rims (off of a bianchi pista 07)

Soma 17t 1/8 cog

SR stem

you're from mission right?

when'd you start fixed gearing.

Good luck biking without a body.

I agree with the fewer parts = better philosophy to a certain point...but if you're taking parts off because they don't work well, chances are you either need to do some wrenching, or get something of better quality.

If you don't buy complete crap and you know how to fix bikes, you don't need to worry too much about having a bike that's too complicated for daily function.

Good luck biking without a body.

I agree with the fewer parts = better philosophy to a certain point...but if you're taking parts off because they don't work well, chances are you either need to do some wrenching, or get something of better quality.

If you don't buy complete crap and you know how to fix bikes, you don't need to worry too much about having a bike that's too complicated for daily function.

Not sure what that's got to do with anything. But I do agree with the latter.

Anybody rollin with fenders in the fall/winter? I need to get some ASAP. I've had to ride in rain and snow the last couple weeks. Any suggestions on what to look at?

i just got a $15 planet bike rear, it was easy to install. works pretty well too.

i've no experience with front fenders..they seem inda pointless for commutes shorter than 5 miles.