Bicyclettes

canice

No, its not a joke. Generally a front brake has twice the stopping power according to Sheldon Brown and among other sources I have similar statistics.

generally according to sheldon brown you should have back up stopping power too, but apparently you didnt get that far.

if you're convinced your brake is going to stop you immediately while you're going 25-30mph even on a bike that can coast, you're out of your mind. the only thing that'll do that is a disc brake and those things are fun as fuck on a fixed bike!

If you hard stop with only your front brake at 25mph, I can almost guarantee that you're going to go over your handlebars. Your body is moving at 25mph on the back of the bike (which, without a brake, is still attempting to move at 25mph as well) and the front is now moving at 0-5mph. If you can slow both the front and the back, you'll be *fine*.

No one said anything about stopping immediately.

how the fuck do you brake going downhill?

are there any braking methods besides a skid stop(the one where you have lean forward and pull up with on leg). When I am going to school, people sometimes get in front of me and I cant stop in time

If you're asking this question, you NEED a front brake. Seriously, it's not "cool" to ride without a brake. You're not shaving any weight, making your bike more aero, or doing anything other than saying to the world, "The concept of bar spins appeals to me."

If you're asking this question, you NEED a front brake. Seriously, it's not "cool" to ride without a brake. You're not shaving any weight, making your bike more aero, or doing anything other than saying to the world, "The concept of bar spins appeals to me."

i just didn't have the funds for it. Not having brakes is not for me to do tricks or look badass; again, I just didn't have enough funds for it. I still don't. Thus, I am looking for a cheap alternative at this moment to just brake.

i just didn't have the funds for it. Not having brakes is not for me to do tricks or look badass; again, I just didn't have enough funds for it. I still don't. Thus, I am looking for a cheap alternative at this moment to just brake.

Don't buy it, but..

just don't fly down that particular hill? just pedal slowly and skip a lot

Mike, I'm feeling that cinelli and bridgestone. Nice work man. How do the cinellis ride?

great, but you don't need to buy another bike! :rolleyes:

its so weird going back on the khs. the cinelli is so much fucking stiffer and extremely snappy. the khs feels so sluggish compared to it.