Bicyclettes

canice

Thinking of buying this bike and maybe convert it to a fixed gear, or maybe I'll just keep it as it is. I can hopefully get it for 270$. I'm no bike expert so I thought I might ask you if you think it sounds like a fair deal.

3712469642cm5.jpg

that's a great price for that bike. DO NOT convert it. if you convert it, i'll come find you.

are Rossin's a good brand?

My buddies moving to japan and is selling his for $800.

Heard rossin's like the ferrari of track bikes ...

(been meaning to post a pic but been so busy with work)

rossin made a wide range of bikes, so it kind of depends on the tubing and his build. most of the track frames are great, though, and their paint jobs are usually pretty rediculous, which is always a +1 for me.

fuck

I think I broke my bike, haha.

I was screwing around and sprinting against my friend (in a car) and as I was pedaling, like, something slipped like 1/8th of a rotation.

I almost ate it, so I jumped off and looked at my bike, and everything looked fine, so I jumped back on and pedaled a bit and it slipped a few times again.

I tried resisting a few times and it slipped a few times, and after that I couldn't really get it to slip again.

I'm thinking it's like a shitty cog? maybe my BB is fucked?

bad lockring?

anyone have any ideas?

fuck

I think I broke my bike, haha.

I was screwing around and sprinting against my friend (in a car) and as I was pedaling, like, something slipped like 1/8th of a rotation.

I almost ate it, so I jumped off and looked at my bike, and everything looked fine, so I jumped back on and pedaled a bit and it slipped a few times again.

I tried resisting a few times and it slipped a few times, and after that I couldn't really get it to slip again.

I'm thinking it's like a shitty cog? maybe my BB is fucked?

bad lockring?

anyone have any ideas?

shud be the lockring... bring it to ur lbs and get tightened back up...

im 5' 7" and i was recommended to get a 54cm frame and im looking for a second opinion. what is a good size for me?

it really depends on your body measurements and the frame that you are looking at. For someone who is 5' 7", a 54 sounds a little big. If you have a long inseam for your height, then it might work. Also the geometries of frames differ. What is your inseam? and what bike are you looking at?

I'm 5' 9" and i ride a 53, but i have short legs. I should probably be on something a little smaller, but it was either the 53 or a 49 (top tube was too short).

it really depends on your body measurements and the frame that you are looking at. For someone who is 5' 7", a 54 sounds a little big. If you have a long inseam for your height, then it might work. Also the geometries of frames differ. What is your inseam? and what bike are you looking at?

I'm 5' 9" and i ride a 53, but i have short legs. I should probably be on something a little smaller, but it was either the 53 or a 49 (top tube was too short).

my inseam is around 32." I don't have a specific bike that i'm considering.

Nah.

Im 6'2 and Im ridin a 59 Pake (which feels too big) and a 57 Cannondale (which fits me fine.)

Who made the bike is going to be a big factor of "size." I'm 6'2 as well, best fit for me (most often w/ a 130mm stem) is on a 60, but I have bikes from 58 to 62, and with the stem sized out properly, they fit alike.

Manufacturers like Trek put short headtubes and long top tubes for a given size, some Euro brands use really short top tubes for a said "size."

Sadly, you need to factor seat tube angle into all this as well.