Bicyclettes

canice

Alley cat or bike event? You gotta be fucking kidding me. I think it's funny how you are trying to call me out on that when I ride way the fuck more and way the fuck further than you do. Are you ever in SF for alleycats? No, because you stay in your puny little city riding around Telegraph. Alleycats in SF are usually on saturdays when I fucking work. I go on the stupid SFFixed group rides that are on weekdays that do paradise loop, city loop, lake merced, sf -> san jose what ever the fuck loop and I never fucking see you there. So don't fucking call me out on shit you have no knowledge about you fucking hipster.

SERVED SERVED SERVED!!!

lol.. yo all,

what would you guys do if you had just unlocked your bike from a rack, and some fool grabs your shoulder and claims, HEY ISNT THAT BIKE LISTED ON CRAIGSLIST AS STOLEN?

fucken wanted to break his fingers off - "fuck no this is MY bike, check that shit again."

if he tried anything...

I think it's funny how you are trying to call me out on that when I ride way the fuck more and way the fuck further than you do.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

and ride your fucking bicycle outside of your small fucking flat city.

You've been riding 6 months, maybe. Just because you're from SF and the terrain is harder, doesn't mean you're harder. Phleeez.

Now everyone go ride bikes and have fun.

Is that seriously Kayne on a repainted fixed in that last photos?

As far as the flame war, Jeremy stop being a hardass. Wow you can do leg over skids, big fucking deal. I bet your only rebuttal to people riding fixed w/ a front brake is "If you don't run brakeless you're not hardcore."

Thunder thighs my ass. Go suck off your buddy running the Aerospoke rear and HED front.

i've been reading a lot of this thread over the past few days. very informative in some aspects and i love looking at the bikes that have been posted.

as for myself, i've ridden a bmx bike most of my life, although i haven't really ridden in over a year. i recently moved downtown from the burbs and i would like to get a single speed or fixed gear. i just don't have that much of a clue where to start. i think i'd rather buy a conversion or cheaper new bike than pista or the like. just for the simple fact that if i fuck it up, i've spent less money on it. when i get more into it, i can spend more cash.

i just wanted a couple of opinions on these bikes..i'm definitely a beginner, although i've ridden my friend's fixed gear a few times.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130182381797&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=003

http://sebikes.com/2008/bike-detail.asp?id=45

i've seen that SE sooo many times when i was in richmond, VA and it was always kind of intriguing.

Hey I'm pretty new to fixies..

I'm thinking of buying a Pista from my friend..

He bought it this summer, and it's pretty new (less than 50 miles on it)

Is 400 a good price for it, considering he used different parts for it while he rode it, and the stock parts are brand new?

Also, I'm 5'11" and from what I read, a 55cm will be fine for me..?

Thanks!

high is fashionable, tis all, IMO

I've seen a lot of people run a high on the rear, low on the front. High weigh more, hence the reason for a low on the front wheel to reduce the weight.

actually, because the spokes themselves are shorter with a high flange hub, the actual weight difference is negotiable. a high flange hub tends to make a stiffer wheel (shorter spoke length=less flex), but once again, this can all be affected by number of spokes/holes, spoke gauge, depth of rim, etc.

high flange also=flashier, which is likely the true underlying reason for their huge popularity as of late. i can't say i disagree.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130182381797&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=003

http://sebikes.com/2008/bike-detail.asp?id=45

i've seen that SE sooo many times when i was in richmond, VA and it was always kind of intriguing.

if you r gonna get a se get the lager my friend rides one its a great bike for the price. the daft is pooy and there isnt much you can do to improve it