Bicyclettes

canice

I don't want to start anyting here, but am I the only one who doesn't understand the appeal of over the bar skids? They just look silly and they're not entertaining.

they give you more hipster douche points

nope, they are fucking fun. same reason for anything bike-related, some people need to FUCKING chill with their bike elitism .

What are peoples thoughts on high vs. Low flange.

High flange hubs dissipate the huge forces track cycling exerts on a wheel. The big flanges support the spokes, at least that was the idea. Now spokes are so strong and the options for building so diverse, the argument is basically cosmetic.

first post on SuFu, whats up everyone?

my roommate has been really into track bikes and fixed gears for years, and i never understood until i tried his bike. anyway, last spring i got an old vista frame and he helped me convert it to fixed. i really have no interest in going to alley cats or being a currier, but i enjoy riding fixed gears a lot with my friends around town.

first post on SuFu, whats up everyone?

my roommate has been really into track bikes and fixed gears for years, and i never understood until i tried his bike. anyway, last spring i got an old vista frame and he helped me convert it to fixed. i really have no interest in going to alley cats or being a currier, but i enjoy riding fixed gears a lot with my friends around town.

coming from NSB?

Sadly, that's about right. UPS has gotten really, really expensive.

If he will ship it FedEx for you, it will be cheaper. It is difficult to stay within USPS and UPS' sizing restrictions for bikes in many--if not most--full-size bicycle boxes. Then, you get an up-charge for either balloon or oversize, making it cost an arm and a leg.

Hey I'm pretty new to fixies..

I'm thinking of buying a Pista from my friend..

He bought it this summer, and it's pretty new (less than 50 miles on it)

Is 400 a good price for it, considering he used different parts for it while he rode it, and the stock parts are brand new?

Also, I'm 5'11" and from what I read, a 55cm will be fine for me..?

Thanks!

yea 400 is about right for a 05-06 pista brand new pista's can go for 450-500 - i ride a 56cm and im about your height. if its your friend take it for a spin and see if you can almost fully extend your leg, during your pedal stroke, if you can its a good length. if your leg is bunched or if your reaching then its not. also you can adjust the saddle height, if your reach to the handle bar feels good.

also! you might want to check out bikefourms.net. they might be a little more nice and helpful in these kind of matters

55c0_1.JPG

for $600 and he's charging me $124.49 UPS Ground AFTER i won the auction... :(

What was the description on the auction, for the shipping?

Ask him wat the weight is, and see for yourself online how much it would be.

Because for ground, its DEF not that expensive to ship a full bike.

The weight is like under 25 pounds.

i believe weight is ~ 15lbs

according to this site

i couldn't calculate my shipping for the bike. i asked the seller how much it'd cost, but he's so fucking slow that he ended up telling me the price AFTER i won. i don't know. i have a feeling i was shilled, too.

i asked kiya about it. he told me to check it online at ups.com, so i did. it came to a little around $20

i found that weird because i thought it'd be somewhere around $40 because that's about how much i paid last time i bought a bike on ebay. er... i think the guys trying to make up for money lost. i mean, it's not a surprise for someone to do that through shipping, but 124.49 is fucking three much.