Bicyclettes

canice

do I try to pick up another NJS frame while I'm here, bring both back to the states with me when I leave and try to flip one for a profit?

Or should I not bother with that?

Right now I'm just one a vivalo, which as far as NJS goes is a pretty assembly line style pump out frames type of place from what I've heard.

So if i get another one, try to find a frame I really want, and sell the vivalo and keep the new one?

I passed up an awesome m idea NJS frame on yahoo the other day, sexy fork and lugwork, I'd never even heard of the company before.

@hipset ... the straps aren't made out of branding, they're made out of crappy unlaminated leather.

@ so-so ... vivalo lost their NJS certification so no one has a boner for them anymore. if you can get a frame under $300, i'd buy two to flip, especially ones with crazy paint jobs or larger sizes (56, 57, 58..)

@hipset ... the straps aren't made out of branding, they're made out of crappy unlaminated leather.

@ so-so ... vivalo lost their NJS certification so no one has a boner for them anymore. if you can get a frame under $300, i'd buy two to flip, especially ones with crazy paint jobs or larger sizes (56, 57, 58..)

Man, if only it was that easy.

Frames are easy to find but pretty fucking crazy here, despite everyones assumptions. Unless you plan on doing major legwork, you will not find a frame for 300$ that isnt beat to hell and back.

I know about viv losing the NJS cert, but I still see them going for a decent bit on places like ebay. Not looking to make a huge profit, just a little bit for my time I suppose.

I wish I could some nice big frames... Framebank has 2 nice Giros in big sizes but they are ~550$ or so, and I am not sure if I should spring for it or wait out for something else. The giro:s are real nice though, fork crownstays and all that are niiccceeeeee

as far as NJS goes is a pretty assembly line style pump out frames type of place from what I've heard.

that's waht i kind of imagined.. cookie cutter certified frames and components of certain standards, so when they race it's not about who's hella aero or light, but who's the best rider ;)

luckylegs02_b.jpg

god damnit.

i just did a rough draft of what this new bike is going to cost me.

around 3 grand when its all said and done. custom lugged steel frame

NJS: dura ace cranks/hubs. nitto bars/stem/seatpost. mks pedals/clips. toshi straps. EAI.

non NJS: sealed ultegra bottom bracket, sealed headset of some kind. velocity aero rims, whatever double butted spokes.

and then i'll probably get a sealed bearing wheelset for the winter.

on the other hand, people spend 3-30k on cars all the time.

1.bought cheap track bike.

2.converted a vintage road frame and rode that awhile - while i disassembled my track bike and learned what it was all about/replaced the crappy components. (made me miss my track frame even more.

3.sold the conversion and put my old bike back together with better parts. still usin that shit and love it.

oh no wait first bike?

huffy mud master in royal purple with target jumbo pegs and a coaster brake.

now rests in pieces cuz of fucking el nino and i left that shit outside :[

Hmm... dare I spend 550$ on a pretty much new Giro Mecchanico frame, 59cm?

On that note, would anyone on the west coast want a 56cm Vivalo, blue with metal flake paint in really good shape? I'll be back with it in the states in feb, probably want to sell for like, 550- 600$ depending.

This is just curiosity at this point, but if there's genuine interest I'd be more inclined to splurge on another frame.