Bicyclettes

canice

just got a new ride for spring, mercier kilo tt. stock parts are decent but i'm still going to get nitto bullhorns and maybe deep-vs. i'd really like a rear aerospoke but i am way broke from buying jeans. :\

I rode a stock kilo all through the winter and only changed out the saddle. just keep an eye on the lockring and make sure it's tight the first hundred miles or so. the back wheel is fine for a few months if you put a brake on, if you skid all day then it'll blow pretty quick.

bars are a good switch too although you could just chop and flop them to save some money, i think i'd personally buy nitto drops and chop the stock ones before i bought nitto bullhorns.

ml-pm'd you, it's up on ebay but i'd pull it if someone wants it...i think i still can pull it after it's got a bid?

just to chime in on the hip thing, i've been riding fixed probably 3 years now, i thought it looked cool. you can tell by my bike setup though, i'm not really into fashions of it all, just nice parts and humble looks

the stock wheels on my kilo were so far out of true upon arrival that the front was almost rubbing the fork at one point in its rotation. fortunately, i had a pretty nice set of wheels from my conversion that i just swapped out, but for gods sake check the wheels when you get them.

Trading my front aerospoke for a rear one.

sf bay area.

and mine's painted chameleon.

pix if u want em.

perfectly true yadda yadda.

<3 triple triangle! i've wanted a gtb or gt pulse for the longest time :[ i'd be riding my nuts on a 55 tho, and that's the shortest i've ever seen...

i've been riding since before the mash movie premiere, does that count?:rolleyes:

I've been off my bike for a long while because sadly but surely, I have fucked up my knee. Doc says if I keep up this "FIXIE" riding I'll get arthritis at a young age (mid 20's.) He gave me some glucosomine pills so I've been on them since around January, and I still don't feel fine. I parted my bike and am going to build a brand spanking new one once this badboy heals. But in the mean time check out this video.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1287040724/bclid1295326981/bctid1472313589

I LIKE UR LITTLE HAT, DID UR NEW ERA SHRINK? OR DO YOU RIDE A FIXED GEAR?

:P :p :P :p :P :p :P :p :P :p

Kneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees suck. My condolences to your bike and to your crotch for their limited contact with eachother.

Also that movie be whacked. A high wheel and a velocipede are the same thing I always thought.

Being off your bike a bit can be helpful to your game tho, look at Lance Armstrong.

I've been off my bike for a long while because sadly but surely, I have fucked up my knee. Doc says if I keep up this "FIXIE" riding I'll get arthritis at a young age (mid 20's.) He gave me some glucosomine pills so I've been on them since around January, and I still don't feel fine. I parted my bike and am going to build a brand spanking new one once this badboy heals. But in the mean time check out this video.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1287040724/bclid1295326981/bctid1472313589

APRIL FOOLS LAWL

Sorry to hear about the knee. Did you mess it up from just daily riding or did you get in an accident?

Sorry to hear about the knee. Did you mess it up from just daily riding or did you get in an accident?

daily riding. i didn't get into an accident. but me and friends would ride 120miles a week (not bragging) in san francisco with drastic hill climbing for about 2 months. i guess all this riding caught up with me. i told this same thing to another doctor (who happens to ride a roadbike) and he said, "i hope you're pedaling right." :o :o :o :o

Made two fairly crazy purchases today...although the big one (not the Kestrel frame from before) is a week away from being posted.

The cheap, good deal of the day goes to my new Trek 5200 frame. +rape for anyone who tells me what year it is. $100 for carbon you ask? How? Well, there's a small area (second pic) of concern, but I had it checked out by a Trek guy and he said at worst it's a few layers broken, in a low stress area, so there's nothing to worry about. I guess I'm still a little worried, but for $100 I figured it was worth the drama.

So, should I turn this into a fixie? :P

edit: I just realized that that crack looks a million times worse than it actually is in that picture. It may be because the paint and sticker are cracked that it looks that bad, but it's really not that bad. Promise.

DSC04330.jpg

DSC04331.jpg

^ good deal I'd say

Anybody willing to sell and ship me a bike they own?

I can't find any in my size, and it's so much work to make my own from scratch

I am probably 53cm frame at very most, because my inseam is around 30 inches

so no more than a 30 inch total standover hieght I guess

Im super interested in a single speed, but I haven't ridden any fixies very much

I guess I could learn skidding and shit

Guest Goose25

we've all got to protect our knees! so how many of you have a particular technique you follow?

for me blending between mtb and racer is primo so I have been working on strengthening surrounding muscles to eliminate pain/fatigue from bike changes.

for instance if its a long straight you are on and the same muscles are tiring, rotate the top of your thighs inwards to activate other muscles, same as when on a hill, switch from foot forward to heel downward for 10-15 rotations. this is a technique on both bikes and means I depend less on cycling 'one way'

see this as well:

RigbHG8ZmDY

I would sell you my IRO. I am sort of broke here in France and need the money, and I could just build up another bike when I get back to Cali. It's a 53, black.

your dropouts look like they won't accomodate a fixed-gear conversion, even with a chain tensioner. fixies need horizontal dropouts to compensate for the lack of a derailer.

So, should I turn this into a fixie? :P

edit: I just realized that that crack looks a million times worse than it actually is in that picture. It may be because the paint and sticker are cracked that it looks that bad, but it's really not that bad. Promise.

DSC04330.jpg

what's up with people turning top shelf road bikes into budget-ass conversions? i saw a merckx the other day with formulas on it. when i asked the dude about it he said he "took some shitty old parts off of it and built up this rad fixie." dunce.

The cheap, good deal of the day goes to my new Trek 5200 frame. +rape for anyone who tells me what year it is.

If the fork is 1" threaded then it's 1999 if it's 1" threadless then 2000. They've been making OCLV frames since 1992.

If it's a 1999 then that's a replica of the frame that Armstrong won his first Tour de France on, a nice frame to have though a bit flat compared to a decent steel frame.

your dropouts look like they won't accomodate a fixed-gear conversion, even with a chain tensioner. fixies need horizontal dropouts to compensate for the lack of a derailer.

True but...get urself a whiteindustry eno hub vertical dropout can now become a fg bike.

I know this is a dumb question as I should just get a road bike but I'm pretty broke and might be able to snag a free mountain bike or get one for cheap. Anyways, I'm going to be commuting by street most of the time and I was just wondering what are the real drawbacks from riding a mountain bike on pavement. I see the occasional person riding mountain bikes but I know it's technically incorrect.

I know this is a dumb question as I should just get a road bike but I'm pretty broke and might be able to snag a free mountain bike or get one for cheap. Anyways, I'm going to be commuting by street most of the time and I was just wondering what are the real drawbacks from riding a mountain bike on pavement. I see the occasional person riding mountain bikes but I know it's technically incorrect.

Knobby tires have more rolling resistance on pavement, and can flex strangely in turns, but if you put smooth tires on it then that shouldn't be a problem.