Bicyclettes

canice

I believe this is a prime example of natural selection. You should juggle knives while going downhill. The dramatic effect would increase many times and the danger would pretty much be a wash. May as well go big.

Anyway, I ride clipless and on the rare instance that I fall out of my pedal, I do two things: 1) start braking and 2) keep the fallen foot the fuck out of the way. When I stop, I tighten my pedal clippy thingy and reduce my slipoutability. This shit isn't rocket science people. I've only been riding fixed for about a month or two and I have never fallen down. Not once. Then again, I use a *gasp* front brake.

Quite frankly, I don't know how anyone rides fixed with cages. I am probably retarded, but unless I spent 10 seconds struggling, I cannot get into the fucking things, which leads me to have my right foot caged and my left foot loafing about on the platform side of my "shitty" SPD.

hmmm i wonder why velo riders still use clips and straps.

it's a 650 front. and knucks, check out he nitto dynamic II on my bike above, shits pretty short. but rocking a true bmx stem is true japanese stylee...
Yeah but that's threaded..I will more than likely be going threadless on my new build as I can find any forks that are small enough, threaded, for my bike..

cross posted from velospace+bikeforums, my new bike

2009797483_81e4a71922_o.jpg

2009797517_1f20aade30_o.jpg

2009797515_f04b8c2466_o.jpg

on velospace

This kind of shit makes me embarrassed to ride fixed...

What is the logic of buying a funnybike with a 650 front wheel and riding it on the street, much less using riser bars? Using deep drop track stems and riser bars is def dumb, but I've never seen this before. :(

RIP fixed gear biking, Im sorry the west coast killed you.

What is the logic of buying a funnybike with a 650 front wheel and riding it on the street, much less using riser bars? Using deep drop track stems and riser bars is def dumb, but I've never seen this before. :(

its called a pursuit bike and it's meant to go fast. if you want to go fast on the streets with fucked up wrists more power to you or you can get an upward sloping stem + 2 in risers to get a decent riding position. i saw garret from MASH kill it on his pursuit frame but he had the pursuit bullhorns. pursuit bikes just look cool.

west coast didnt kill fixed gears, everyone did - no west/east coast shit. im sure there are pursuit bikes in NYC not to mention how many people buy "fashion bikes" from trackstar and the like. if you like to ride your bike, you're cool. squash the hate, fixed gears arent dead.

nitto 90mm jaguar + 2 in risers looks fucking tight. its comfortable for cruising and if i want to pick up some speed i'll grip near the stem to be more tucked. you get the upright position when needed and you get some drop when you are near the middle. i would ride my drops more if i didnt spray adhesive my ourys on my risers, shit is a bitch to take on and off. i need another track stem!

Just dont ride fixed...and dont drive a Porsche GT3 or a lotus on the road cause they r build for tracks. Same shit different smell..we ride track bike on road because we like it.

pooplush, you're from richmond. you either go to vcu or some of its excessive hipsterness has spilt unto you, including the fixed gear niche, which seems to be blowing up in richmond/vcu right now. don't act like you're some veteran who's been fixed before any "hipsters" were.

to be embarassed to ride fixed because of what other people are doing with their bikes is no different to bitching about how hipsters have ruined fixed gears, which in and of itself is dumb, cyclical, ironic, [and let's face it, hypocritical].

pooplush, you're from richmond. you either go to vcu or some of its excessive hipsterness has spilt unto you, including the fixed gear niche, which seems to be blowing up in richmond/vcu right now. don't act like you're some veteran who's been fixed before any "hipsters" were.

to be embarassed to ride fixed because of what other people are doing with their bikes is no different to bitching about how hipsters have ruined fixed gears, which in and of itself is dumb, cyclical, ironic, [and let's face it, hypocritical].

I don't go to VCU and started riding fixed beore I moved here...

I was being somewhat facetious when saying I was embarassed to ride fixed, but I really think the whole fashion bike/NJS bling/walking your bike around thing is not a positive force in the "scene" at all.

but I really think the whole fashion bike/NJS bling/walking your bike around thing is not a positive force in the "scene" at all.

fuck, i ride more than you know. don't call people out that you don't even know. not to mention, what is that whole east/west coast bullshit? nyc messengers have the flashiest gear, sf stole their steeze from them. get your shit straight.

I don't go to VCU and started riding fixed beore I moved here...

I was being somewhat facetious when saying I was embarassed to ride fixed, but I really think the whole fashion bike/NJS bling/walking your bike around thing is not a positive force in the "scene" at all.

Bike is not a fashion...been riding them since i was 2..and i love it. I like fixed gear cause they r simple and i hate being complicated.

NJS fuck that shit...my lockring is NJS thats all!!! SORRY NJS gets on my nerves...

NJS = A standard...its just a consistancy. Rather some non NJS item will have better quality...

Bike is not a fashion...been riding them since i was 2..and i love it. I like fixed gear cause they r simple and i hate being complicated.

NJS fuck that shit...my lockring is NJS thats all!!! SORRY NJS gets on my nerves...

NJS = A standard...its just a consistancy. Rather some non NJS item will have better quality...

My clips are NJS. Do I win something?!