Bicyclettes

canice

finally building up a new racing bike

deciding to go with SRAM

already have FORCE shifters and FD

im debating between getting a RED or FORCE crank and RD

is there any real difference besides weight

im getting a team deal so price isn't too much of an issues, if thats the case should I just go with RED:confused::confused:

anyone have thoughts or experience with the gruppos?

TOO many baller, I'm the poorest sufuist but it's true, Mission's releasing some good products of all kinds.

Anyone have tips on bike fitment, are things any different on a fixed as you've no choice but to torque on a high/low gear all day. I keep reading about having seat positioned baaack, but I've had mine positioned forward as per actual track setup, which is actually a more comfortable ride for me (I've been riding long toptube/stem for the longest).

^this

iirc, the general way to know if your saddle is well positioned is that when your cranks are horizontal, a string dropping from the knee that is in front should fall directly on the pedal's axle.

Once you find this ideal position, if the reach is still not right you need a different stem/frame. But then again, that's just general guidelines so I don't know how valid they are...

finally building up a new racing bike

deciding to go with SRAM

already have FORCE shifters and FD

im debating between getting a RED or FORCE crank and RD

is there any real difference besides weight

im getting a team deal so price isn't too much of an issues, if thats the case should I just go with RED:confused::confused:

anyone have thoughts or experience with the gruppos?

Yeah, I have Red on a Look.

The big rings are really soft (mine bent from being set down putting a wheel on in the parking lot) and shift pretty poorly. The front deraillers are Ti, which is light and all, but drops chains regularly. Team issue "Red" is a steel cage, because a lot of mechanics put on a Force derailler which is steel.

Red has ceramic bearing BB and rear mech, if you care. Brakes are the same, cranks are the same (minus chainring.)

Switched the ring to a Shimano and will be getting the team front mech for next year; fortunately I nearly never use the inner ring. Oh yeah, and Gore cables kinda suck. They aren't as fast or positive as other brands, though they are "smooth" (I guess) and well-sealed. Prefer Shimano/Jag/Yoko.

Oh yeah, and Gore cables kinda suck. They aren't as fast or positive as other brands, though they are "smooth" (I guess) and well-sealed. Prefer Shimano/Jag/Yoko.

Yeah I heard, SRAM works almost like a completely better set with Yoko cables so ill probably go with those

Just got my Force shifters and FD today!!! Pretty stoked, gunna order the rest as soon as the new year starts

I've got the current Swrve soft-shell.

sounds intriguing - is this the mid or heavy?

Outlier.cc pants are amazing. It's like wearing sweatpants, but not. Also kinda cool/formal-esque.

i like outlier's stuff, but on the other hand think it's funny that they're basically doing prada circa 1998 (albeit in schoeller fabric) and getting all the hipsters to get on that train. not that i have a problem with prada either

picked up a thickslick... so far i like it =)

tumblr_ldh7juysMU1qe6nkq.jpg

nice ride selaviso! i love the thickslicks as well. so much, in fact, i ordered two more spares off ebay for $10 each. they both came bundled up, so now all i have to do is throw one in my backpack before i go riding :D

nah had nothing to do with the accident. thanks tho

This haha. I've been dinged a couple times and its never been a brake-related issue. Its more of a "the driver wasnt looking" or a "i was being stupid" issue. Riding brakeless isn't that bad IMO, as long as you know what you're doing. I wouldnt start brakeless though.

nice ride selaviso! i love the thickslicks as well. so much, in fact, i ordered two more spares off ebay for $10 each. they both came bundled up, so now all i have to do is throw one in my backpack before i go riding :D

thanks dude lol i saw em on your bike then i looked em up then i bought em haha. i love em though. i need to pick up some more too . have em ready to go.

Yep. He was riding in I guess you could say one of the shadier towns. Couple miles north from me. My parents think they may have seen him riding, because they saw 2 people riding on the same highway the accident happened on, just maybe like 5 miles earlier. Dont know if it was him or not though.

just checking..

none of you biker folks live in Eugene, Oregon do you? I wanna go for a mellow "i'm-out-of-shape" fixed ride around town and stuff..

just checking..

none of you biker folks live in Eugene, Oregon do you? I wanna go for a mellow "i'm-out-of-shape" fixed ride around town and stuff..

Do you go to UOregon? It's my top choice in schools as of now, I just have to keep my grades up to get some scholarship money and convince my parents to let me live across the country.

i live here, but go to Lane Community College, (music transfer). i'll be at UO in a year and a half.

Eugene's a good city, but its really easy to get bored of riding it. - i'm thinkin a ride to the Goat for a beer/book/smoke.

i want to go for a smoke and ride right now lol.

I gotta get out to Riverside next week. I'll hit you up once I can find the time (new job/schedule)!