Bicyclettes

canice

I've seen pics of leverless hoods, its ugly.

I have drops and hoods right now, ditched the bullhorns for a while since I'm not doing any "street riding", but mostly long-distance fitness rides...

I put some sram brake levers, one is connected to the front brake and I jammed a spare piece of cork tape in the other one to prevent it from moving around. It's sweet and looks good imo

e: Jesus christ had dreads those are ridiculous

Brand new retail lbs price is not worth it for riser bars most of the time.

I ask about the hoods cuz uhh I'm hating the only bars I have on my kilo (some wide, deep track drops) but I have these old stock ergo drops that have breaks on 'em. Is it possible to swap the cable for shorter ones? I've never worked with brakes, and I'd like to switch install the front brake and leave the other dummy unless I get a toptube pad really.

Actually I remember now that i drilled and put a set screw in my dummy lever that I didn't use on my fg trainer; it was removable when I needed to use the lever again and didn't budge in use.

Please use the Park tool site for information on cables. Housings are cut to length off a spool and then finished. Lube before installation, cut cable to length, crimp cable end on.

That Bianchi has unfortunate wheels, saddle, and seatpin. No reason to leave gears on, though save those Suntour PowerRatchets, I love those.

Actually I remember now that i drilled and put a set screw in my dummy lever that I didn't use on my fg trainer; it was removable when I needed to use the lever again and didn't budge in use.

Please use the Park tool site for information on cables. Housings are cut to length off a spool and then finished. Lube before installation, cut cable to length, crimp cable end on.

That Bianchi has unfortunate wheels, saddle, and seatpin. No reason to leave gears on, though save those Suntour PowerRatchets, I love those.

You mean lubing the inner cable inside the housing? I'm pretty sure this is not needed, and might even cause problems in the long run if gunk gets stuck in there

Ever heard of Oregon Manifest?

http://oregonmanifest.com/

Its the national innovative gathering of bicycle builders. http://oregonmanifest.com/

I went last year and it was amazing to see all these beautiful hand made bikes, mostly from Portland Oregon. The event is once every two years.

http://vimeo.com/8048466

Check out the video to see some of the amazing bikes. Rapha is usually their big sponsor.

This is my friend Jordan Hufnagel's bike submitted to the oregon manifest.

3361606656_48d580d33d.jpg

Brakes are cool.

Skidding is fun and all, but it really kills your momentum (and tires) and wastes strength and energy.

I ride fixed for exercise tho, so my overall goal is probably different. I skid for fun, but I don't rely on it as a brake.

It goes both ways. The whole brake vs brake-less war will never end (until maybe a federal law gets put into place or something). Personally, I don't see how having a brake is a bad thing, unless you solely want clean lines, or you're doing barspins for days. But having a brake never hurts.

I've rode both with and without over the past 3 years.

You mean lubing the inner cable inside the housing? I'm pretty sure this is not needed, and might even cause problems in the long run if gunk gets stuck in there

Jeez, it's like all you guys do is speculate based on BF arguments and have never actually read a book say nothing of properly working on a bike.

Lube your cables always, unless they are pre-lubed or you're using some crazy new-deal cables that cost $100 and say not to. Don't use thick greasy lube, but lube them.

Always. Regularly.

Jeez, it's like all you guys do is speculate based on BF arguments and have never actually read a book say nothing of properly working on a bike.

Lube your cables always, unless they are pre-lubed or you're using some crazy new-deal cables that cost $100 and say not to. Don't use thick greasy lube, but lube them.

Always. Regularly.

Unfortunately, I don't read nor partake in "BF arguments"

I just said this based on what the guy at the LBS told me when i bought the cables, to change the setup from a cross lever to hoods. The cross lever was preinstalled on another bike from another shop and there was not a drop of lube on it.

I had no problems as of yet with the cable, been there for 3 months and it's still pretty smooth.

I'd like to know what's the reasoning for lubing it tho. Rust prevention, smoothness, durability?

Nice! Is that front tire beige or white?

Anyone deal with swrve hoodies? Looking to get into one. Hate the fit on my current jackets (Levi windbreaker + some baselayers. The windbreaker is too short and bunches way too much). Around the same pricepoint there are also Chrome gear available - but in limited sizes and made in China.

Nice! Is that front tire beige or white?

Anyone deal with swrve hoodies? Looking to get into one. Hate the fit on my current jackets (Levi windbreaker + some baselayers. The windbreaker is too short and bunches way too much). Around the same pricepoint there are also Chrome gear available - but in limited sizes and made in China.

i picked up the old milwaukee hoodie when they were on clearance. very well made jacket. goretex so its water proof.

sizes are slim but not really sufu fit (made for layering but in socal, dont really have that problem.) so i had mine taken in at the tailor. but then again i would have gotten a smaller size if they werent sold out.

i imagine the new ones to be even nicer. i just wish it zipped up higher to cover my chin. mostly for looks but im sure it blocks wind or some shit.

I've got the swrve hiding hoodie which may not be the hoodie you're looking at. I can comment on the fit though. Its slim but I'm able to at least wear a tshirt + thermal long sleeve underneath if necessary. The sleeves are also quite long which is nice for my long monkey arms - most shirts rise above my wrists while riding. Longer back than front also so its got full coverage even if I'm in the drops. Its my go to casual cycling shirt in the spring and fall.

My friend has a Milwaukee hoodie and speaks highly of it. Again for the fit and cycle-friendly features.

lol sup john. let's ride tomorrow.

also, green bars for you

teh new whip. bars are temp..haven't received my rb-021s in the mail yet

Sick looking build man.. except RB-021s kill my wrists. hope yours fare better.

I've got the current Swrve soft-shell.

Back game pocket is tits, fit, though loose (size down) is tits, hood is a great fit for riding. Material really traps in heat and blocks wind, so anything below 50º is awesome, even really, really cold w/ proper layered kit. Cuffs are strange but appreciable.

Their clothes fit like normal clothes so for a proper, fit cyclist (not fat bandwagoneer) size down.

Just sharin'!!

I've got the current Swrve soft-shell.

Back game pocket is tits, fit, though loose (size down) is tits, hood is a great fit for riding. Material really traps in heat and blocks wind, so anything below 50º is awesome, even really, really cold w/ proper layered kit. Cuffs are strange but appreciable.

Their clothes fit like normal clothes so for a proper, fit cyclist (not fat bandwagoneer) size down.

Just sharin'!!

Check out missionworkshop's new stuff.

Priced at a high level ($200-$400) but looks pretty good.

Outlier.cc pants are amazing. It's like wearing sweatpants, but not. Also kinda cool/formal-esque.