Bicyclettes

canice

fixed mag sucks dick. its just a heavily marketed mag.

riding track bikes at skateparks = gay.

riding track bikes on off road terrain = gay.

end of story

Where is your rationalisation for this?

there is one picture of someone in a bowl in fixed mag, and none of off road terrain?

i just dont get how you can rag on people for enjoying to ride bikes, and having a liking for a particular type of bike ie. track bikes, fixed mag is heavily marketed? in what sense? its a free magazine available at like 4 stores... maybe i have misunderstood your post but to me it seems as though you instantly disliked it without actually knowing what it is about, or who the peopel that made it are?

on a separate note, my bikes nearly done, wheels being built at the moment, ready tmr hopefully

photo2tk3.jpg

Where is your rationalisation for this?

there is one picture of someone in a bowl in fixed mag, and none of off road terrain?

i just dont get how you can rag on people for enjoying to ride bikes, and having a liking for a particular type of bike ie. track bikes, fixed mag is heavily marketed? in what sense? its a free magazine available at like 4 stores... maybe i have misunderstood your post but to me it seems as though you instantly disliked it without actually knowing what it is about, or who the peopel that made it are?

on a separate note, my bikes nearly done, wheels being built at the moment, ready tmr hopefully

first off i am not hating on bikes and i read the magazine and there is this guy whos doing tricks on off road terrain.

my rationalism for what i said is listed in the following

1. there are already bmx bikes and mountain bikes for off road/tricks that fuck your shit up. the only reason people buy 1000 dollars track bikes to fuk them up is for the image.

2. what can u do at a skatepark with a big ass track bike? =get in peoples way. all your doing is just riding around

3. 90 percent of the magazine is an ad. why do people interview mashsf? there just a team of riders who put out a dissapointing/poorly sold video like a year ago. theyre interviewed for content/ for an image from whatever company is interviewing them.

-but on a more serious note. why do people enjoy destroying their expensive ass njs track bikes on off road terrain and grinding their bikes?

-tricks are cool as long as you dont purposely destroy your bike

i love riding my fixed gear and doing but the image is just getting out of hand

I mean he has a point. Certain track stands and shit are just so dinky looking, but then at the same time it's great to be able to dick around and not take it too seriously. Who wants it turning into the next flatland bmx at the x-games anyways? People should keep in mind why they bought the bikes in the first place, to go fast. Nothing will ever compare to spinning down a huge hill!

...people do tricks with BMX bikes that cost well over a grand as well.

They aren't doing it for the sake of an image. They're doing it because they have fun and love what they're doing. If you don't like it, great. They just like riding their bikes in a different way than you might. This is just a guess, but I'm probably using my $1000+ laptop for different reasons than when you use your computer...

Nah, who am I kidding...you're desktop probably looks identical to mine...

...people do tricks with BMX bikes that cost well over a grand as well.

They aren't doing it for the sake of an image. They're doing it because they have fun and love what they're doing. If you don't like it, great. They just like riding their bikes in a different way than you might. This is just a guess, but I'm probably using my $1000+ laptop for different reasons than when you use your computer...

Nah, who am I kidding...you're desktop probably looks identical to mine...

-im not saying people shouldnt destroy their 1000 dollar BIKES. im saying people shouldnt destroy their 1000 dollar track bikes because:

bmx bikes made stronger the frames are wider because they are ment to be trashed.

$100BMX is stronger than $2000TRACK

$100TRACK is faster than $2000BMX

Color loc-tite? And you rotafix as well as lockring? Just to be safe? I thought the point of Rotafix-ing was to eliminate the need for a lockring because you apply a much higher amount of torque, etc.

Mahhhh depends on ur weight mate...

Rotafix the cog on, and put a lockring just incase shit goes down :) Unless u runing in suicido hubs, which u dont need locktite but JB weld.

I weight 200lbs...when i first started I used sucido hub with JB weld, then switch to track hubs, stripped all of them. Now I am using bolt on cog. :)

I built this out of 3-4 bikes and some new parts...

DSC_0762.JPG

DSC_0763.JPG

DSC_0764.JPG

I went from driving an Audi A4 to this cause I just moved form Montreal to Vancouver! Talk about adjusting to a new lifestyle :D

i mean theres always going to be pollotics around why people use there bikes, but like one member said al people will use things differently, to alot of people the fact i have a kashimax saddle will seem like a style choice, in fact its beat to fuck cost me 3 pound 50 and for some reason i find it comfortable, i finaly got my vivalo built up today, i will be posting pics a little later on, i have never been so happy with the way a bike rides that i have with this one, and i now recomend HALO hubs to anyone there brilliant, best ride to work i have ever had.

I'm trying to convert an old peugot frame to a fixed gear,

but im having trouble finding parts because the threading is different.

Is there anywhere i can find a Phil Wood bb with french cups?

Seems like with Phil stuff, any Phil BB will fit as long as you have a set of French Threaded mounting rings.

http://philwood.com/BB-Tools.htm

the grips are EVERTOP short grips, and the bars are some risers e found lying about in the bikeshop, not 100% sure what they are, they where black we sanded them painted them and added a nice little gold flake that you cant see to well in the pics, and then cut them down, i have a feeling they where some nitto risers, im not 100% sure though

and thanks for th ebuild compliment

my old jumping bike havent been out on it for a long time still use it now and again for getting from a 2 b

used to ride for hours everyday years back, 4th set of bombers on it snapped a few pairs doing some crazy stuff

miss those days of jumping pissing of golfers taring up their courses and jumping the bunkers while they were about to take their shots

would never sell the thing has a few scrapes and iv got a few scares

dsc0644qa1.jpg

dsc0645bd3.jpg

dsc0646dk6.jpg

By rhdh08