Flannel shirt recommendations?

herpsky

I have a purple flannel by RL and looks amazing but the only problem is that

the shirt is made to be tucked into pants. The front is long as hell. i.e. it's not slim cut / fitted.

So, I'm thinking of purchasing a new flannel shirt.

Apparently, pendleton and supreme are pretty good.

But I don't think I can drop 200 bucks for a supreme flannel.

Any other recommendations?

Of course, my #1 choice is the infamous number nine hooded flannel

but the market price is like 450-600 USD. so that's not really an option.

img21568878.jpg

I have a purple flannel by RL and looks amazing but the only problem is that the shirt is made to be tucked into pants. The front is long as hell.

I recently purchased an RL flannel on eBay and noticed that it was really long to allow for tucking.

The problem was easily solved, however, by hemming it. Now the shirt looks great, but I'd prefer it to be slightly slimmer.

Well, if you don't want to spend much: Vintage, vintage, vintage. Too bad you can't make it to Japan; I went to one shop in Osaka that had a whole wall of buffalo check flannel shirts. You can find some great fitting ones for under $5 and I think they look alot better with some wear/fade. I know Levi's makes some cheap ones as well. Or try Walmart/Target.......

I recently purchased an RL flannel on eBay and noticed that it was really long to allow for tucking.

The problem was easily solved, however, by hemming it. Now the shirt looks great, but I'd prefer it to be slightly slimmer.

how much did you pay for the tailoring?

^^same can be done with sleeves...really opens up a whole new world to your clothing you thought you'd never wear again due to the fit. just be mindful of the tailor you take it to though...sometimes you'll get it back looking like nothing was even done to it...sometimes you'll get it back uneven!

so ask around for a good tailor if you ever plan on doing that kind of stuff..

I have a purple flannel by RL and looks amazing but the only problem is that

the shirt is made to be tucked into pants. The front is long as hell. i.e. it's not slim cut / fitted.

So, I'm thinking of purchasing a new flannel shirt.

Apparently, pendleton and supreme are pretty good.

But I don't think I can drop 200 bucks for a supreme flannel.

Any other recommendations?

the polo site has a nice (from what i can see) red/black flannel. i would love to see pics of the purple one if you have got the time.

Trends are cyclical.

It just sucks when shit you've always been wearing becomes the new "it" thing.

hahah that reminds me of that episode of doug. and they all watched that new teen show and every week every would wear the clothes that were worn on the show.

dougs clothes were the "in" thing one week and doug went crazy. i think this was on the bastardized ABC version of the show.

honk honk!

Flannel shirts is the new SuperIncest style trend, apparently.

Well they rock if you were a teen in the grunge era. I have one from engineered garment that is absolute perfection and has some unusual detailing (cowboy snap buttons grouped two at a time with a larger space between each grouping and weirdly shaped pockets). I kept it long and unaltered, it ads an element of sloppiness to my wardrobe that is much welcome. It looks great paired with black jeans under a leather jacket or with a tweed cap and some more traditional (read American workwear) items.