Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

It seems as though people have forgotten how to compare jeans...the Self Edge website has specific fit guides with extremely accurate measurements of all the jean styles your heart desires. Comparing jeans to one another is important, but know that every collaboration or new fit that comes out in Self Edge is there for a reason...that they are all different from each other. We carry so many jeans for such a small store in order to diversify our products. For example, the new slim IH will fit and feel differently from any other fit, and this can be said about any other cut and make as well in our store. If anyone pays close attention to the descriptions and measurements of each jean when purchasing online, they should have no trouble figuring out, how one jean differs from all the rest.

It seems as though people have forgotten how to compare jeans...the Self Edge website has specific fit guides with extremely accurate measurements of all the jean styles your heart desires. Comparing jeans to one another is important, but know that every collaboration or new fit that comes out in Self Edge is there for a reason...that they are all different from each other. We carry so many jeans for such a small store in order to diversify our products. For example, the new slim IH will fit and feel differently from any other fit, and this can be said about any other cut and make as well in our store. If anyone pays close attention to the descriptions and measurements of each jean when purchasing online, they should have no trouble figuring out, how one jean differs from all the rest.

true if all jeans were sanforized, but comparing sanforized to un-sanforized can be tricky due to unknown shrinkage variable.

i've used the measurements to pretty much decide what i want and usually get some kind of verbal confirmation before purchasing. The measurements are probably the most helpful, but anything that can add confidence to my purchase helps a lot when spending $300.

true true,

just trying to clear up some of the mess of collab comparison questions to the new slim IH release.

Ok, so let's say i'm comparing between same size in BSP and 301s. I know the BSP measurements are going to be smaller due to shrinkage so I can subtract an inch from the waist and sort of guess as to the thigh, leg opening, etc measurements but won't know for sure. So there's still some question.

If SE were to post post-wash measurements, that would possibly alleviate some size questions. But i'm with Cure, I like to ask to make sure even though this time I went against Kiya's advice and ordered smaller :-o

for sure, I understand most definitely wanting a second opinion on an expensive purchase, but to answer the shrinking question...I assume you are talking about the FH BSPs, these will shrink one inch in the waist, 2" in the length, 0.25" in the leg opening, and 0.25" in the thighs. This can be said about most FH denim and other Un-Sanforized denim as well.

^ I hope you meant to say 32 as that's what I ordered :eek:

You are correct, i meant 32. :)

No matter, you're gonna look good in that shit regardless.

if i wear a size 29 in sexsc02, what size should i get in those iron heart 301S? 30?

Yup, you need a size 30 in the 301 cut.

Did I have this right? Just want to make sure before I order.

Yup, get the size 36.

hey kiya random question but why do alot of brands skip sz 35?
Yeah' date=' and 37 and 39 too. I would kill for those in some cuts....[/quote']

i guess, the answer is simple: it is just us three who want such a size!

seriously, I simply think we are stuck at the part of the size distribution with low frequency. especially, when seen in the context of japan!

So maybe my waist is retarded but these are size 32 IH 301s and I can button without a problem. I'm thinking I might size down to 31. To me, it looks like sz 33 FH BSP and sz 32 IH 301s have almost identical fit and measurements with the 301s having a tad more room in the waist.

IH1.jpg

IH2.jpg

braidkid,

I know the waist might not be tight, but the fit looks perfect.

If you went down one size they'd be near skin tight on you.

mrchariybrown,

It's gonna take a week or two, i'll let you know.

hey kiya, anymore black flathead woven wallet chains coming in?

We'll have more within the next two weeks.