APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

blehh... i've been reading extensively of how apc's fit but still can't get a feel for what size/fit i should go with.

i've got a pair of nudie slim jims, worn ~10 months with one hot wash, size 32... they're way too baggy to even wear anymore. i've also got a pair of nudie thin finns, size 31.. and they're to the point where i feel like they're just a bit too tight. i really want something in the middle, but still with a tapered leg.

and so my question:

should i go with a NS and size down 2? or 3? or with a NC and size down 1?

i guess if anyone can compare nudie thin finns to any APC cut/size, i would appreciate the shit out of that.

blehh... i've been reading extensively of how apc's fit but still can't get a feel for what size/fit i should go with.

i've got a pair of nudie slim jims, worn ~10 months with one hot wash, size 32... they're way too baggy to even wear anymore. i've also got a pair of nudie thin finns, size 31.. and they're to the point where i feel like they're just a bit too tight. i really want something in the middle, but still with a tapered leg.

and so my question:

should i go with a NS and size down 2? or 3? or with a NC and size down 1?

i guess if anyone can compare nudie thin finns to any APC cut/size, i would appreciate the shit out of that.

you want NC sized down 1 from true waist. they will be stiff and sliming, but not tight. perfect for sagging.

That's what they all say, including the APC website itself. I have yet to find Woolite Black (or rather Woolite Dark Laundry Fabric Wash, the full name) here in The Netherlands though.

true, apc does suggest woolite black. but i've washed with regular woolite and tide and there have been no negative effects.

I prefer to hang the jeans by the belt loops instead of stretching the hanger inside the waistband. This works especially well with APCs because they have tiny little belt loops.

My APCs didn't fade much after their first wash (at least compared to my Nudies, which shared the washing machine with them). If anything, I think the soak/wash will increase the rate of the fading, but not necessarily bring it out. If that makes sense... :confused:

(For instance, I didn't recognize fades until I started wearing them again after the wash. They will stretch out, get dirty, and the fading becomes more pronounced.)

I put mine through a warm machine wash and didn't notice any inseam shrinkage

the crotch has the most fade of anything so far, and while its not a lot, and hopefully im not on my way to a blowout, its lighter than the rest, but thats cause i don't sag them at all really.

I think it is just a high traffic area. I wouldn't worry about a blowout... this denim seems tough as nails (not thick, but still very tough).

Is it possible to have NC size 34 stretch to a size 36? (Im a little on the heavy side,but still prefer slimmer/tapered jeans as opposed to straight legs), or should i just wait for DB to restock the NS?I had a size 33 NS(im normally a 36 waist) and thought they were a bit baggy.. could it have been so tight on the top that the bottom just looked droopy or am I just shaped wierd?:confused: