APC denim

Geowu

quick question... I got my a pair of new standards about 2 weeks ago, they seem great, but im not sure I like how tapered they get below the knee area. Are rescues more of a straight leg or are they tapered as well. I am a fucking retard for not even trying a pair on when I bought my NS, but just wanted to know.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quick question... I got my a pair of new standards about 2 weeks ago, they seem great, but im not sure I like how tapered they get below the knee area. Are rescues more of a straight leg or are they tapered as well. I am a fucking retard for not even trying a pair on when I bought my NS, but just wanted to know.

You'll like the Rescue better but you'll likely have to buy a smaller size in Rescues than you will in New Standards. I went through this same scenario but I did it because I wanted something in addition to my Standards (not to be confused with New Standard). I have a 29 in Rescues and a 30 in Standards.

rescues and hipsters aren't tapered.

Thanks for the quick responses. Yeah I think I will try and sell my NS and buy some rescues. I went with a 29 in NS so should I go with that in the rescue as well? Also I am fairly shour (5 '9) will i need to get the rescues hemmed or will they stack like the NS do?

I'm considering soaking my black NS because i didn't size down enough(got 31s, should have got 30s)

From the soaking thread I've collected many different opinions, should I do 30 minutes inside out in cold water, no agitation? or multiple hours in a hot soak? all I want is maximum shrinkage with minimal color loss, I don't care about starch.

sanforized, will barely shrink. trust me i tried it. only the inseam shrunk for me

Yeah i was thinking of doing this only for the inseam. 27x34s should arrive soon ~

I think i remember reading way earlier in this thread that people were soaking them before wearing for other reasons too but i might be making this up. Whateva

Yes the waist will stretch back, but the knees etc. will shrink enough to make a difference. How can I maximize the shrinkage? Multiple hot soaks?

Again, they're black so I'm not worried about the color.

i'd say just one long hot soak to many soaks will make the denim too soft unless you don't care about that really but i'm not expert on this so get a 2nd opinion b4 doing so

Yes the waist will stretch back, but the knees etc. will shrink enough to make a difference. How can I maximize the shrinkage? Multiple hot soaks?

Again, they're black so I'm not worried about the color.

Why are you thinking of even soaking them at all?

The black denim might be a little bit different from their regular indigos, but pretty much all APC's will never shrink any smaller than the first day you put them on...they will only stretch a little bit bigger...and bigger...and bigger. Remember they're saniforized.

To be honest, massive and repeated hot soaks won't even make much of a dent, your best bet if you want a smaller/slimmer fit is to trade them or sell them and buy a smaller pair.

told you

OKKKAYY soo

HOW DO I GET MAXIMUM SHRINKAGE? I dont care if they stretch again, i only want the knee area to shrink noticably, the waist is fine because I can wear a belt.

I don't care about starch OR color, just shrinking the jeans.

Also, thanks for the replies so far.

nah, they're NS. these things have stretched around the waist over the past 7 months but they fit comfortably, so I have no problem with them.

I figured I'd post some shots of what they looked like (before and after) because I've been giving my samurai's some love lately...so the APCs have been hanging in the closet and probably will until spring.

the belt is a levi's belt (excuse me for not spending $190 on the belt I really want) my gf picked up for me on sale.

and I wore the same sneakers to give a similar look - only difference between the jeans, then and now, is that right now, they're cuffed and in the older pics they aren't.

definitely.

I don't get much wear for 7 months because I'm usually sitting on a leather chair/couch/car seat. combs haven't gotten much wear but going into these jeans, I wasn't expecting too much wear behind there, as the denim is pretty light and the jeans aren't super tight on me.

I figured you were referring to the brown belt - that's the one I was talking about, too. :cool:

Remus 13, i love the fit of your NS.

Would you tell us what size you got? preferably with your height and weight.

thanks

size 33 (a bit loose around the waist, as I mentioned before - but I'm not really looking to have super-snug jeans)

6' 175lbs

I don't know if anyone coherent still reads this thread, but I'm still on the prowl for the raw black New Cures. Did anyone get these in this season? Anyone seen them around?

Do these fit the same as indigo raw new cures (can't see why they wouldn't, but figured I'd check). I don't think they have around here, but I'm going to figure out my size in the indigos and see if some APC store somewhere has a pair I could phone order.