APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After much reading, I bought a pair of New Cures in 28, and my true waist is a 31 or so... they should size accordingly if I don't want them like tights, and just slim... correct? I don't know why I'm so paranoid about a pair of jeans.

Haha, I have a very similar predicament. Got a pair of NC in 30, as i am really about a 31 - 32. These are way too tight for me, even tighter than a pair of Dior 30's.

I think i might have to opt out and sell them off for a pair of NC 31's, as I don't feel as though these will stretch as I had hoped. so, basically, 2 sizes down is realistic for the New Standard sizing, but I feel New Cures needs just one...

NOTE - I have somewhat bigger thighs...this might play into this problem for me, lol...

Danm-

the corduroy's will probably be tighter, as is my experience...

they are cut a bit slimmer, but still tagged as a NS in style

I've tried both and bought the NS 31 which stretched out way too much...

The cords were the black from about two years ago, and they were really too tight comparatively...

hope this helps

I tried on sizes 30 and 32 in the NS cords and they were too tight and a bit loose repectively. The shop didn't have odd sizes so I ordered a pair of 31s from the APC website. I felt that they were a bit slim for my liking at first (I'm not really into tight jeans) but I got used to them and they're fine now.

I measure about 33" just below the navel (32" above) and the waist on the 31 NS cords isn't tight at all, although the legs are pretty slim; wouldn't want them any slimmer.

I want to order a pair of raw New Standards in indigo and black but I haven't been able to find an APC stockist in London with the appropriate sizes so I can try them on.

Ideally I'd like them to end up (post-stretching) a touch looser about the thigh than the cords without being baggy, still slim.

Anyway, your post was helpful, thanks.

Are you joking? You want to taper your ncs? Do you weigh like 80 pounds?

75 KID.

Anyway, just a little bit i'm thinking. My 27s fit okay throughout the leg but i just have really small lower shins / ankles so i'd prefer a little taper, but they are fine as is i suppose.

i thought they only made black in the stretch cures? i haven't seen black raw new cures anywhere.

i was about to pull the trigger on some indigo's, but i'm going to hold off until i can find some black's (if they exist), or at least jeenz with a very similar fit to new cures in black. do you/anyone know of any?

?

any recommendations?

?

any recommendations?

Not exactly the same fit as NC's, but Julian Red Hobokens are a very nice anti-fit alternative. I don't know if the Black Bullets are still available anywhere, but those are the blackest ones I believe. I've got a pair of Dark Dancers and they are an amazingly nice-feeling pair of washed jeans. If you do head down the JR route though, be careful with sizes; mine are a slightly loose 33 just because the taper really does not allow for bigger thighs.

Again, while they don't fit up by the waist quite like APC's (they'll look best with a bit of sag like Diors), they're comfy, and I find it refreshing to wear them when I don't feel like breaking in raws. I'm pretty sure there's places online that you can find them for pretty cheap, too.