APC denim

Geowu

i wore my apc ns for like one months constantly every day. maybe a bit less. they smell like smoke as i always go out with them. can i soak them for 15mins without any detergents? i also want them to become smaller as they stretched a lot.

what would you do?

i could also put them outside... it's pretty windy so that might help. need your advice. :)

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a short term solution with no indigo loss is to stick your jeans on a heater or a hot car or radiator etc. basically get them hot and they'll shrink down.

problem is this doesn't last and your jeans will stretch out real quick.

a cold soak might be an option, one i'm considering as well. still holding out for a proper soak for my ns turned rescues though.

Shoque: I did a 15 minute soak in just standard bath tub cold water and the loss of indigo/fading was so negligible I didn't notice until I put my APC right up next to a brand new pair. And it helped the smell TONS.

Edit: Three hours of wear and they were back to their old size.

I just washed my ns too. I did the same 15min on cold water. My ns was card board stiff, now they are so soft and the color is nothin to brag either:(

should have just kept it unwashed. What did you use to wash? i use the black fixant detergent

I just washed my ns too. I did the same 15min on cold water. My ns was card board stiff, now they are so soft and the color is nothin to brag either:(

should have just kept it unwashed. What did you use to wash? i use the black fixant detergent

detergents with enzymes will make your jeans soft. imagine what happens if you would have done that to a pair of dior mij jeans.

didnt read every post, but i did a fair amount of skimming

how are the Black raw NS'? My gf bought me a pair of NC's and i didnt really want to break intwo pairs of raw denim at the same time, i exchanged them for the black raw ns. Do ppl size up for this jean from NC? Size down? do they fade well?

Hi gang, you were all very helpful when I asked about the old Standard model or just the Standard model and I have tracked a pair down, which is great as my old pair is screwed an uwearable.

But I was wondering if APC still makes prewashed New Standard or Standard jeans? I only wear raw jeans and I was thinking that it might be a nice addition to my wardrobe with some of the prewashed jeans that they used to make. It is either that or some waxed Dior jeans and they are sooo expensive.

Or if someone has a pair of prewashed size 30 to 32 you can send me a PM.

The only prewashed APC I have seen recently were at the Surplus (outlet) store in Paris.

Maybe I'll take a look tomorrow, I was also thinking about buying washed jeans.

It's a pity, I've retired mine, since the crotch is completely blown out (at only 5 months...SAS rulez!).

I'll repair them someday.

I think this is my first post on SuFu but I regularly post over on styleforum.

My waist is 32" and I did size down 2 to a 30 with my New Standards, but they aren't really tight at all. Are they going to stretch out a ton? I've heard they do and would prefer not to have some huge jeans.

It's because these are vanity sized so that they are tagged 2 below their actual size. So by getting a 30 you actually got a 32, your true waist. If you were to size down 2 you would have gotten a 28. Hope this helps.

Yea, xchen, you know i say it a million times, size down 2 from a pair of jeans that fit you snugly. Don't bother with measuring yourself at different angles. This isn't mtm shirts or anything.

The only prewashed APC I have seen recently were at the Surplus (outlet) store in Paris.

Maybe I'll take a look tomorrow, I was also thinking about buying washed jeans.

It's a pity, I've retired mine, since the crotch is completely blown out (at only 5 months...SAS rulez!).

I'll repair them someday.

Great, let me know if they have any and if they do I will tell one of my friends who regularly travels to Paris to get me a pair.

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by xchen viewpost.gif

I think this is my first post on SuFu but I regularly post over on styleforum.

My waist is 32" and I did size down 2 to a 30 with my New Standards, but they aren't really tight at all. Are they going to stretch out a ton? I've heard they do and would prefer not to have some huge jeans.

It's because these are vanity sized so that they are tagged 2 below their actual size. So by getting a 30 you actually got a 32, your true waist. If you were to size down 2 you would have gotten a 28. Hope this helps.

To answer the question - the jeans won't stretch as much on places where they aren't stressed. You may get less desirable fades (because there is no stress on the jeans) but they shouldn't stretch too much. If you can I'd size down at least one more or you can always try going for a hot soak to bring them down a little (tho these are sanforized, so they won't shrink all that much)

Guest mikey8811

Hi

I ordered a pair of raw denim New Standards in a size 28 (it was the smallest size listed) from Tobi but they have not shipped yet.

I am a 28 in washed Cures (Not New Cures), take a S in APC trousers and an XS in the 2 button skinny washed jeans from previous seasons (don't know if anyone knows them).

Have I purchased the correct size? If not what size should I change it to?

I am confused between the sizing for raw and washed denim. I am also confused between the New versions ie. New Cures vs. Cures and New Standards vs. Standards.

This is my first pair of raw APC's - I tried on a raw APC Standard some time ago and they are higher waisted and I would have gone for a 29 - it was snug in the waist but fit just right in the butt and thighs.

Please help.

Thanks

Mike

guys another stupid sizing q:

I usually wear 30 in nudies (AJ, RR - sized down one,). 31 on most regular mall jeans

i went and bought a pair of APC NS in 29 today. they were alittle snug but not very uncomfortable, and i liked the fit as it was. I also tried on some 28s and they were very tight, cutting into my hips. As I am not going for a super skinny fit will I be ok with the 29s? I dont want them to stretch like crazy and become unwearable.

Hi

I ordered a pair of raw denim New Standards in a size 28 (it was the smallest size listed) from Tobi but they have not shipped yet.

I am a 28 in washed Cures (Not New Cures), take a S in APC trousers and an XS in the 2 button skinny washed jeans from previous seasons (don't know if anyone knows them).

Have I purchased the correct size? If not what size should I change it to?

I am confused between the sizing for raw and washed denim. I am also confused between the New versions ie. New Cures vs. Cures and New Standards vs. Standards.

This is my first pair of raw APC's - I tried on a raw APC Standard some time ago and they are higher waisted and I would have gone for a 29 - it was snug in the waist but fit just right in the butt and thighs.

Please help.

Thanks

Mike

why not just wait till they come in the mial?

im pretty sure you'll be fine dude

guys another stupid sizing q:

I usually wear 30 in nudies (AJ, RR - sized down one,). 31 on most regular mall jeans

i went and bought a pair of APC NS in 29 today. they were alittle snug but not very uncomfortable, and i liked the fit as it was. I also tried on some 28s and they were very tight, cutting into my hips. As I am not going for a super skinny fit will I be ok with the 29s? I dont want them to stretch like crazy and become unwearable.

You'll be fine, I got a 29 (normally a 32 in regular jeans) and they are fine. Sizing down 2 is recommended and fine.

fuck my life!!!

i just received my Black NS in the mail today and they are pretty big. The staff of APC said i should go with a 33 in the black NS because they dont stretch as mucheven though i was pretty adamant about a sz. 32. .....Im a sz. 32 in Dior (tight fit, has stretched out nicely).......

what size should i get now for that slimmer silhouette? I was thinking a sz. 31 to account for the stretch of daily wear or should i get a 32 to account for the black raws less stretchier nature? i wouldnt mind if they fit me somewhere in between fitted and slightly loose

ill PM whoever helps me out a healthy set of JUGGS

btw, i havent seen much discussion about the black NS.......you guys are fuckin sleeping!! they are pretty slick

As I mentioned before: my black raw NS did stretch quite a bit. I have them in size 31, my indigo NS are a 32 and my true size would be 34, at least, all my older, Tunisian made APC's are that size. Back in those days, stretching was minimal by the way.