APC denim

Geowu

I am officially jumping on the bandwagon.

Getting my first pair of APCs today from their store in west hollywood. I had gotten a generic pair of dry denim a couple weeks ago, but I'm not satisfied with the fit or durability (ran a short distance up and down a beach only to find the inseam on the cuffs was fraying/torn). Figured if I was gonna get into dry denim I might as well jump in the water rather than wade in it.

I don't plan on washing them till they have a unique stench of their own, still when they're dirty theyll get the machine.

good job, now you just need to stop being a weiner the rest of the time.

you're gonna probably hate the stiffness when you first get them, so don't complain about it. the first two weeks are tough, but they should break in and start to conform to your body and stretch to accomodate you as well. what cut did you get?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i actually didnt mind the stiffness it was different but i kinda miss it now that mine r broken in they just feel so crisp and new lol

its true. im gonna miss the stiffness. i was thinking that after the 6 months, i'd give them some starch to keep them going. but whatever, ill just start again!

good job, now you just need to stop being a weiner the rest of the time.

you're gonna probably hate the stiffness when you first get them, so don't complain about it. the first two weeks are tough, but they should break in and start to conform to your body and stretch to accomodate you as well. what cut did you get?

I ended up getting new standard. I tried the new cures on, but the standards fit best so I went with those. I have to say that so far I really like them (put them on immediately). The stiffness is exactly what I wanted since I wanted something more durable than the POS' I was wearing before. The sheen and color are also much better than my other pair of dry denims so i'm feeling that.

Only thing is they got me to go a size smaller than I was going to buy, but they said APC jeans stretch and go up about 2 sizes after wearing them so hopefully that works out.

But for $140, I'm not complaining theyre exactly what I wanted.

And yeah, I can sometimes be a dickwade in supertrash. Sorry bout that.

EDIT: By the way, the APC store here in LA has awesome service. They're really enthusiastic about their product. You don't know how many times they told me not to ever wash them. The guy there directed me to run through the ocean really quickly if they ever got too unbearable

if they had put out black NC's or grey NC's, i'd be much more inclined to buy/keep.

I'm pretty sure if they would've done this, I might've even turned down my 19cm's for some blacks, and provided the gray was a nice shade, definitely would grab them. Something like the gray colordrives, preferably. It's a lot easier beating up a pair of jeans waiting for fades when they don't cost more than nearly everything else in my closet.

I'm going on 4 months of semi-often wear, I'd definitely say the majority of the week, but far from everyday. The honeycombing has been fairly noticeable since early on, but hasn't gained any significant contrast since. There's a bit of fading at the bends of the stacking, and I just started noticing a cell phone fade. No wallet fade; old wallet was falling apart, and haven't grabbed a suitable replacement yet, so I either carry it in my backpack/coat, or just have the essentials on me. Noticing some significant creasing in the crotch/lap area, but the fading is just starting. Thankfully no smell yet, but I would normally hang them in front of my window during summer when they weren't being worn.

can the new standard-cut actually look good on skinny people?

JonathanFrom508: i don't understand why you have neg rep anyway...

I just got a pair of NS in 31, my actual size is 32, and I could have sized down at least one more inch for sure, I'm swimming in these 31s

Short answer though, I am skinny as a rail (5'11 and 135) and they look great on me( If i do say so myself)

I took my NS back today and got NCs instead. I didn't like how tight the NS' were on my waist, NC did the trick well. Went from 27 in NS to 29 in NC cause il probably gain more weight this year and I likez room in tha waist yo

e09, your APCs are real. Bought mine from the APC store itself and there are no selvage lines.

Uhh well if you ordered from them directly i think the answer is pretty obvious ]:

Yep, as I suspected. One of the owners of one of my favorite stores had warned me about APC fakes for some reason when I had mentioned ordering them.

I really could have sized down another inch though, which is strange considering I would never have considered trying as low as 30.