APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Victoria BC and I opted for the 22$ shipping option... I really hope I don't have to pay another $20 on top of that :(

Also, how did you have to pay the custom? Did the post office phone you, or did it get delivered with an additional bill?

I don't want to have my jeans sit at the post office for more than is necessary, I want them nooooowwwww.

I too got the 3 to 5 days shipping. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...you do have to pay that extra $16 to $18 dollars.

I paid for the custom at the post office. They tried to deliver to my place, but I wasn't home at that time so I had to pick it up.

Once you get the card for Canada Post, you can go pick it up...but I think if you have ID on you, they will let you pick it up without the parcel pickup card. At least that's what my post office did for me.

I'm looking at getting a pair of new cures, but I'm just not sure on sizing. I normally wear 31 in Diesels (yes, I know you guys hate them...) so just wondering what that equates to in APC?

Keep the same size or size up if you don't bother them to be a bit loosy in quite a time.

So I just got my first pair of APC NS denim and I'm already wearing and trying to break em in. So approximately after how many months of wear should I wash these babies? And will the jeans turn out nicely if I wear them in my house after school everyday because my school has a dress code so we're not allowed to wear jeans. And on the weekends I'll be wearing them around as well too.

i usually fill up bottles with water instead of weights it doesn't leave marks warm or cold is up 2 you and i'd say an hour or two should do the trick

these are only my suggestions u should be open to others as well

I think mr. lowerys was of doing things seems quite interesting

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=239156&postcount=1

lol you have alot of questions

well apcs don't shrink that much so washing/soaking is more to get the smell out and show fades from indigo loss but if they start to stink and u think it might be noticeable different people do different things i turn mine inside out spray them with febreese and hang them in front of a fan for the night usually gets the smell out

I'd like to differ. APCs shrink with a soak, like every other cotton product, especially since they stretch out so much. The will or will not shrink back to how they were when you bought them, depending on how tight you bought them. Granted, they'll stretch right back after a week of wear.

I got caught in the rain in my NS the other day and I realized how much better all the saggy areas became afterwards.

this fixed my APC funk smell

1) steam up bathroom with hot water from shower

2) hawaiian hotbox

3) let jeans hang in steam until it is gone (bathroom door closed)

4) air dry outside overnight

I just did this to my NS yesterday and the smell was completely gone this morning. The jeans actually get a bit damp from all the steam. It worked pretty well considering the amount of beer that has been spilt on these jeans in the past month or two. And I've practically been wearing them every day.

Sizing down four is pretty drastic....i'm guessing that you're having trouble buttoning up all the buttons? You'll get various answers but from personal experience you'll be able to wear them comfortably within a few hours (but then again I only sized down 1) but they'll keep stretching to their maximum for about a month.

Did most of you with New Cures size down one or two? I want as slim a leg with these as i can get, but im worried at how tight on the wasit a 26 might be.

I sized down two (natural waist around 32, bought a 30), and they were really tight at first, but I could still do up all buttons. For me, the problem area was actually my thighs; they were definitely the tightest part when new, but they've since stretched just enough so that they are comfortable (and look tighter than they actually feel). From what I've read, unless you're sizing down three or more, the waist will probably hold out fine and just stretch a lot, far more than any other part of the jeans. I'd say two.

i gotta find a way to deal with the stretching on these, the waist is annoying enough, but knee bulge and thigh stretching is totally fucking up the fit imo :(

Homi, spot soaking? I'm sure someone around here's done it, and it at least is a temporary fix.

how long does it usually take to stretch because i have some standards(not NS) size 26 and a 29 true waist

I'd say if you wear them for an entire day and they still can't be buttoned the whole way, they're probably too much of a hassle. That's just me though. The sizing down probably is do-able though; I tried on New Standards that were 3 down and all the buttons could be done up right there.