APC denim

Geowu

i hate to ask a questions that probably been answerd, but the recommendation of 2 sizes down, is this for a tight fit?

initially, it will be snug, but as you wear them, they will stretch out and accomodate you more and more. mine are still thin, but from the time i got them and started wearing them to now (1 month, 3 days), they've stretched out a good bit. still tight-ish, but not ball crushingly tight.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sized down three on some NS, from a 29 to a 26. They've stretched considerably. However, I'm looking to put on some weight. I've only had the jeans for about two months, but I'm not sure if they'll grow as I do. If I'm really trying to stretch them, how much stretching can I expect?

If I have APC NS that are stretched to 16.75", is there any way to get them to 15.5"? They are originally tagged W28, and I am usually a W31 but the last person who owned the APC stretched them to 16.76".

I know a hot soak won't do too much. It will likely cause a little shrinkage? But then it would go right back to 16.75"? Is there any way possible to get them closer to 15.5" or am I stuck with APC's that are too big for me.

Looking for the cheapest online store where I can find APC NS or NC in stock. Thanks

Denimbar has a 20% off all purchases for styleforum users. The coupon code is style4um, you simply enter it online at the checkout page, it drops the price of all APC's to $112, with free ground shipping.

Although its not neccesary, I would reccomend registering at www.styleforum.net if you haven't already. Its actually a really good forum but regardless its kind of cheap not to.

I'm not sure what thier stock is like right now though, and the website is incorrect for a lot of thier stuff. They are constantly either fully stocked up or out of stock, but I think right now they should be in full stock, because they were suppose to get in the next shipment of APCs this past week. I would reccomend calling the store, 1-301-986-5260. That is the store where the online sales are done out of, ask for Dave as he's the one that runs the online store and does all the orders.

Ask him if they have your size of w/e jean you want. And if he's not there, then just ask somone else. If not then ask him if he knows when they'll get the next shipment in, and then call back around the time they should get the next shipment in. APC's sell out fast at DenimBar.

i have sat through this whole thread reading all zillion pages. But, I still want to be very careful. Its a big step going from Levis to APC (well it is for me atleast). This will be the first time I will be spending more than a $100 for jeans. Its like buying my first car. I want it to be perfect. Ok so ill cut to the chase. I know about the size down 2 and almost everything that has to do with measurements for the New Standard. Even though im super confident I just want someone to back me up for security. I measured my waist (where i want the jeans to sit) and its a 37. Whats I came up with was since APC denim seems to be a size smaller than the tagged size and I would have to size down 2, I would have to get a 34. Which would give me a 35 brand new. Which is what 2 sizes down from my waist is.

amiriteorwut?

p.s. i want them to not fit tight but fitted.

i have sat through this whole thread reading all zillion pages. But, I still want to be very careful. Its a big step going from Levis to APC (well it is for me atleast). This will be the first time I will be spending more than a $100 for jeans. Its like buying my first car. I want it to be perfect. Ok so ill cut to the chase. I know about the size down 2 and almost everything that has to do with measurements for the New Standard. Even though im super confident I just want someone to back me up for security. I measured my waist (where i want the jeans to sit) and its a 37. Whats I came up with was since APC denim seems to be a size smaller than the tagged size and I would have to size down 2, I would have to get a 34. Which would give me a 35 brand new. Which is what 2 sizes down from my waist is.

amiriteorwut?

You're a 37 waist? I would say you should not be wearing NS then. You're probably a bigger guy and you should probably go with Rescues.

amiriteorwut?

you sound like recues might be better but if you want ns you might want to chek the thigh measurements as well because you sound bulkier than some people on here i kno i sized down 1 because i have larger thighs from skating and my ns rn't tight but fitted in the right areas but if i stretch they are still very tight on my thighs

those look almost exactly like mine lol except for the back pocket knuckles fade and your combs are a bit further along than mine but yeah they really look good and jw how tall are you because those are stacking alot like mine its weird

edit: mine are cuffed now actually so they look different but before it looked like that

i have really toned "muscular" legs from mountain biking ( i ride a turner if anyone cares). and im guessing rescues would fit me better. i dont want them to be baggy though, i still want to acheive nice crisp honeycombs and all that good shit and id like the appearance of it to be fitted. im sorry for not feeling like reading the whole 220 but since I should get rescues what waist size should i get if my waist is 37?

i just measured my thigh (at its widest point) and theyre 23-24 inches.

are these really too big for NS? IT sucks to have your eye on a jean and loving everything its about and then having to switch last minute ya know. =/

anyone with thighs almsot as large or bigger than mine that own new standards? hows the fit?

btw, thank for everything. this probably get super redundant for all you guys.

those look almost exactly like mine lol except for the back pocket knuckles fade and your combs are a bit further along than mine but yeah they really look good and jw how tall are you because those are stacking alot like mine its weird

edit: mine are cuffed now actually so they look different but before it looked like that

im a lil bit taller than 5'9"