APC denim

Geowu

but I am getting ready to order a pair of blue NS and I am a little worried about the sizing and the stretch. My buddy in NYC (I'm up in Maine. hence online ordering) says he has 30s and usually in Levi's wears a 32. I wear a 30 in Levi's 514s and a 31 in 501s (the $35 non-STF rinsed ones). I don't want super tight, just fitted. I am thinking 29" New Standards, does that sound right?

- Kyle

get them in a size 28. the waist will measure 30" when new and will definately stretch a good amount after you start wearing them.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Denimbar is supposed to be getting in a big APC order within a week or two, I've been wiating on them to get in some new Rescues in size 31 because I bought 33's and they were huge, so I returned them but they were all out of the 31s.

Call and ask for dave, he handels all the online buisness. He'd have the best idea of when the next APC order is coming in, or atleast if they are getting in the Black NS.

Can anyone comment on the sizing difference for the NS in black and indigo? Are they the same?

:)

its pretty much the same, the black might be a tiny bit smaller, but only by a pretty insignificant amount. get the same size you would in the indigo ns.

whats the length of the inseam on the NS? they only have the waist size on the APC site

about 36"

Got no reply on my previous post so I'll try again.

I'm a 30 in pretty tight fitting New Cures. What size should I buy in a little less tight black raw New Standards? I'm thinking either 29 or 30. Should still be quiet slim. I wear 32 or so in other jeans.

I'm a 32 in most jeans and I got a size 30 in my black raw NS and they fit perfectly.

Just measured myself and I came out as W31. The thing is, I always buy jeans W30 and most of them I now cannot wear without a belt (they fall off from all the extra room). Am I doing something wrong in measuring, or did they all just stretch out like hell? I'm measuring exactly where I want my jeans to fit on the hip, not the waist, and I don't have any layers on to make the measurment innacurate (only fairly thing boxers).

And if I'm going for APC NS (two sizes down), assuming I'm W31 without mistake, would a W28 or W29 be preferable for a slim fit look? (But not skinny look!) I also want to know how L34 would be on someone who is about 5"10. This is a fairly average height, so did those people have to hem an inch or two off their new NS or does a hot soak (for how long?) do the trick?

apc standards are selvege and apc new cures are not correct?

Well...

apc new cures are apparently made from the same denim as the NS. that would make them techincally selvedge. however, apc claims that because of the taper, they cut the selvedge off. selvedge without the selvedge, if you will.

Just measured myself and I came out as W31. The thing is, I always buy jeans W30 and most of them I now cannot wear without a belt (they fall off from all the extra room). Am I doing something wrong in measuring, or did they all just stretch out like hell? I'm measuring exactly where I want my jeans to fit on the hip, not the waist, and I don't have any layers on to make the measurment innacurate (only fairly thing boxers).

And if I'm going for APC NS (two sizes down), assuming I'm W31 without mistake, would a W28 or W29 be preferable for a slim fit look? (But not skinny look!) I also want to know how L34 would be on someone who is about 5"10. This is a fairly average height, so did those people have to hem an inch or two off their new NS or does a hot soak (for how long?) do the trick?

i'm not sure what you mean by slim but not skinny, but a 28 new standard will measure nearly 30" brand new, and they'll surely stretch out more than an inch if need be. the 34 inseam would be just fine for your height.

i'm not sure what you mean by slim but not skinny, but a 28 new standard will measure nearly 30" brand new, and they'll surely stretch out more than an inch if need be. the 34 inseam would be just fine for your height.

I guess I'll go for W28.

Skinny fit like Cheap Mondays would be, or leg-gripping jeans. I think most people have clarified that APC NS are not like that though.

cuffing is your third problem

1)you should get rid of the boxers.

2)Pull them up. Button them up.

THey will stretch and sag on their own with some wear. THere's no reason to try to initially button them around your ass.

3)once pulled up you may need to uncuff for the length. But like I said... they'll ride back down.

yeah pretty much what scoon0224 said

1. fix your boxers so their not bunching up

2. pull up your pants to your waist where they should be

3. cuffing is a personal thing i hate the indigo strains on my shoes so i cuff mine but some people don't like the cutt it pretty much comes down to will the indigo stains show on your shoes or if you care about that