APC denim

Geowu

Just got my first ever pair of A.P.C. jeans! I got a size 28 pair of New Standards (I wear 30-31 in other jeans) and they are pppretttttyyy tight! After like 2 hours of wear I can finally button the top button but not very comfortably. How long does it take to get them to stretch out a couple inches usually and do you have any tips for making them stretch faster? I like to wear my jeans a little lower on my hips so I'm hoping they stretch out 2-3 inches. Is that unrealistic?

Just wear them and forget about it. In a few days they'll be fine. In a few weeks they'll be perfect. And in a few months you'll be wearing a belt.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't told this when I emailed inquiring about matching context/denimbar...

For Canadians, even with 20% off you are more expensive than ordering directly from APC!

$38 shipping to Canada? WTF?

I apologize that I don't offer a 20% superfuture discount to everybody who e-mails the store, whether I know they are a superfuture user or not. As for shipping, that seems to be a typo which went unnoticed by me. It would be $30 by EMS.

Sorry to clutter up this thread.

OUCH I SIZED DOWN 2 THEY FUCKING HURT! im starting to get dizzy... did anyone else size down 2 on apc standards? how do they fit after a week?

No, out of 4 thousand or so posts in this thread, you are the first person who ever sized down two and wanted to know how they turned out.

Alright kiddies, I need some help.

I bought a size 28 and I usually wear a 30/31 in most jeans. But I got it buttoned up no problem, and it's not really all that uncomfortable. I can sit/walk/stand/etc fine... should I go 27? I kind of like the fit I have right now.... which won't be the case since they'll stretch the freak out, right?

edit:

tragic, would like some input from you personally, actually.. my apc's fit like yours did on p 28. Did they stretch out of shape a lot?

edit again:

will

32214001ng5.jpg

turn into

this

84573781ww1.jpg

tragic, would like some input from you personally, actually.. my apc's fit like yours did on p 28. Did they stretch out of shape a lot?

No mine were about perfect... I could have even sized down MORE if I wanted to. I could button them up fully when I puchased them, it was a little tough to do, but I could get them buttoned. They were a size 28 and my waist measuers about a 31. I could have stretched out a size 27 if I wanted to, but I like a slouched fit.

No mine were about perfect... I could have even sized down MORE if I wanted to. I could button them up fully when I puchased them, it was a little tough to do, but I could get them buttoned. They were a size 28 and my waist measuers about a 31. I could have stretched out a size 27 if I wanted to, but I like a slouched fit.

did you get new standards or new cures? from what i know, if it's the same denim(?), new cures should be able to stretch 3 sizes then, right?

I just picked up two pairs of New Standards in 29; one blue, the other black.

For comparison I measured them both when I got home from the store, so this is pre-wear, pre-soak, pre-everything:

Blue

Waist: 16"

Thigh: 11,5"

Knee: 8,5"

Hem: 7,5"

Lenght: 34,5"

Front rise: 10,75-11"

Black

Waist: 15,5"

Thigh: 11,25"

Knee: 8,25"

Hem: 7,25"

Lenght: 34,5"

Front rise: 10,5"

The black NS are as you can see about 0.5" tighter all through the leg and 1" in the waist. The denim also feels a little bit thinner and softer.

I normally wear a 28 in the regular blue NS, but I decided to go for a more relaxed fit (they are still slim enough, don't worry). I'd say that the black ones fit somewhere between a blue 28 and a blue 29, but closer to a 28.

New Cure: Very narrow cut and legs. Neither low nor high rise/

Cure: Cut like our New Standard, but with very narrom leg. Depending on your size choice they will not necessary be skin tight.

So, basically, yes ;) !

Hmm, that makes it sound a bit weird. You get the idea that the thighs are a bit loose and the legs tight. Nevertheless I'm also concered about the waist, is it similar to the New Cure or should I size down more, I sized down one for my New Cure's and they pretty tight (will strecht to good waist). Thanks

mine are coming along nicely... only 6 official days of wear, but they've already stretched a bit. im gonna miss the stiffness of them. i have some shots from a few days ago that are on my bro's comp (i dont own a camera).

anyone else put their cellphone in the backpocket? i find its more comfortable than the front, and it should leave a nice fade (i assume)

well, i take them out when i take the jeans off. i leave them in the rest of the time. only thing i keep in the frontpocket is a pen and my chapstick. back left: cellphone back right: wallet. my keys are on a carrabeener (however you spell that)