APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a recent purchaser/owner/wearer of APCs, followed everyone's (and the salesgirl at APC's) advice and sized down from a 32 to a 29 (I'm 5'10'', weigh around 160 lbs), and while I definitely couldn't move in them for the first couple of days, I'm at a point near 3 weeks in where I am rocking a belt to prevent them from stretching too much, and they are incredible! I'll take/post some pics if anyone is interested when I get home.

Also, APC was just written up in the NYTimes: The Department of Just Right. They say some good things, nothing too interesting/that I didn't know from here.

Thanks a lot for the advice

Cheers.

does anyone have both NC and NSs? My 28 NCs are great (wouldn't mind slightly higher rise) but would love some black ones. I'm hoping 1 size smaller on the NS will get close to NC in size and fit.

i wear 28 NCs, 30 Skull 5010xx, so i might go for the 27 NS.

any help is appreciated.

thx

-t

Is there any word on whether or not they're making raw black New Cures? I've been waiting these for the past year and harassing APC for the past 8 months..but it seems like they're only making them in the New Standard cut. This blows, I want my raw black New Cures dammit! If anyone has the inside scoop let me know!

Just switched up my pair of black NS in 32 for a 31...they are quite the tight fit...same as what people have been saying...ass is hugged tight (pause)...thighs too...I'm just affraid of the crotch in terms of holding up since I tend to sag a little...these CANNOT be worn on my waist...otherwise I would have no balls after two-three steps.

THe clerks at the store said that these will not stretch as much as the indigos...but then again...one of them said "I would never wash raw denim...heh, you know? So they'll just stay stretched out once you get them there." So I definitely didn't want to take chances of them stretching out too much (since the 32's were perfect from the shelf).

Hmm... Hopefully there will be people getting black raw NSs that are the wrong size and then throw them on the supermarket for me to scoop up. They seem pretty nice from the few pics i've seen.

I just picked up some size 29 NS. I'm a 31 in Slim Jims and Acne Mics and after 2 hours I can take them off without unbottoning them.... am i screwed?

i don't know what kind of look you are going for, but if that were me i would definitely consider that a bad thing.

your 29's probably actually measure around 30-31 already (new) - and apcs will stretch, so i'd consider making a switch, jufros.

you sound like you could have been a candidate for a 27 or 28, depending on your fit preference.

good luck.

I just picked up some size 29 NS. I'm a 31 in Slim Jims and Acne Mics and after 2 hours I can take them off without unbottoning them.... am i screwed?

That makes me nervous...I'm a 28 in Slim Jims and the guy at Context told me to get a 27 New Cure...maybe they will be too big?

That makes me nervous...I'm a 28 in Slim Jims and the guy at Context told me to get a 27 New Cure...maybe they will be too big?

I'm a 28 in Slim Jims also. The 27 New Cure will be too small on you. I tried on a 28 and I could barely even get them pass my waist. A 29 will be good.

-------

Does anyone have the waist alligned measurement for the APC New Standard in a size 26? I wonder if I'll be able to fit into them if I'm a 28 in Slim Jims...

I'm a 28 in Slim Jims also. The 27 New Cure will be too small on you. I tried on a 28 and I could barely even get them pass my waist. A 29 will be good.

-------

Does anyone have the waist alligned measurement for the APC New Standard in a size 26? I wonder if I'll be able to fit into them if I'm a 28 in Slim Jims...

Dude...just because theyre tight when you try them on doesn't mean they're going to stay that way. With APC's, not being able to button the top two buttons at first means you've probably found the right size. You shouldn't be giving advice without owning the actual jeans for a long enough time yourself. Do your research! APC's stretch like crazy... I sized down 4 sizes to get the right fit.

A gift from me to you. It would be good if we could get this on the first post of this thread or something to stop with the repetitive questions that plague this thread.

apc1-1.gif

2.2.gif

EDIT: Thanks test and Whodinihimself for checking my mistakes! If anyone has anything else they wanna contribute, just pm me. I did this at 4am so it was bound to have things left out.

yeah, just fix that mistake and you're golden...

You might want to add to question #3 that yes you can soak them to shrink them back down, "but they will stretch back out again anyway" (you gotta be thorough)

It would be nice if this guide was on the top of every page on this thread....mods?