APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi. im new here. im a true waist 29. dont really wana let them expand much. i was wondering, apc new cure or april77.

what size do i have to size down for my apc nc?

1 for a tight fit. 2 for a really tight fit. I sized down one from my natural waist, and I wasn't able to button the top button for awhile.

Can anyone with NCs in a 28 measure the current waistline for theirs? I think I should have ordered a 29 - this time I can't even button up one single button. So before I head back to the APC store, bring on the stretch.

I have New Cures in 28 and they measured 29 brand new, I was able to button up all except the last. I sized down one from my usual 29 and after a few wears they measure about 30-31. It really depends on how you wear your jeans. If you wear them lower at the hips they'll stretch more.

Can anyone with NCs in a 28 measure the current waistline for theirs? I think I should have ordered a 29 - this time I can't even button up one single button. So before I head back to the APC store, bring on the stretch.

hmm maybe you should have sized down 2.png

I'll stop by APCand buy a 29 tomorrow and sell my 28 in the market, my arse is the problem. I'm a thick black girl, by the way. If that matters.

EDIT: Can anyone pull out a measuring tape and get the actual waist band? These are 15 across new, ideal for me would be stretch to 16.5-17.

My New Standards are a 28 and they measure exactly 31 inches now. I wore them on my hips for six months before I washed them. They had stretched to 31 inches probably 10-20 days into them.

I'm looking for a slightly slimmer version of a 501 cut. Emailed denimbar and they said that I should go with either a Standard, new standard or a rescue.....which one should I go with? Obviously the NS is a popular choice but on context's website it states that the standard is a "skinny jean?" I'm not looking for anything too slim....

i just got a pair of 34 NC's. jay, thanks again for the advice. i tried them on in one of the paris shops, and they fit really well, good stacking. im not gonna start wearing them for a little while cause its still too warm in CT to bust them out. they're tight, but i can defiantely tell that some good stretching will occur, which i dont mind. the women who work in APC in france are beautiful.

that is all.

I'm really new to this denim thing, but I've had my mind set on a pair of APCs for a while, but I'm not sure what cut to get. I recently got a pair of 505's that I really like the fit of. They aren't STF's or anything, just a solid black pair of jeans I needed for work. What cut is closest to this? New Standards or Rescues?

The New Standard has slim thighs and a regular leg opening. Not too slim at all, I'm not sure what jeans you are used to but a lot of people that like truelly regular fit usually like Rescues.

Just to reiterate, the New Standard is a slim, not skinny jean with a straight leg and a slight taper. It fits like Julian Red Californias, except with a shorter back yoke. Although the ones on Context looks great on the model.

By the way, how does the sizing on washed New Cures run? I'm interested in buying a pair of "vintage washed" cures.