APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it shrinks it back.....

then the elastane or lycra or whatever it is stretches it....

any tips on re dying?

I think the heat from the dryer will eventually break the elastane. I've noticed on a previous pair with stretch denim it just lost it's shape and stretched even more. But, do what you want to. I'm just taking a guess from previous experience.

Ok, so Im in need of a little help here before commiting to a purchase.

I had a pair of NS size 36, they were just slightly too loose before stretching, so i sold them.

Ive lost a few pounds in the last 2 months, and right now i am wearing a pair of gap selvege, size 34. they fit pretty nice, now that they've stretched out they're sorta loose on me.

Any idea on what size i should buy NS in?

I took measurements of myself, Wasite 35.5" thigh 21" ankle 10".

oh, happened to me before. i have a pair of pre-worn i bought off ebay... they stretched to the point where a belt looks ridiculous. i don't wear them anymore.. you may still be able to shrink them in a hot water soak if they haven't been soaked already... otherwise, buy a new pair.

I just got my New Standards in and I was surprised that I was able to button all of the buttons even though I sized down 3. Would I be fine or am I better off buying a size smaller? I'm afraid that these might stretch out too much because from my knowledge, which I'm still unsure of, you wouldn't be able to button at least the top button if you're looking for a good fit.

Oh and I'm only able to button them all the way up if it's worn on my actual waist, not on my hips.

Here's how they look like as of now...

IMG_5731.jpg

IMG_5730.jpg

IMG_5723.jpg

those are pretty baggy for 3 sizes.. what size are you normally?

and if anyone can tell me how long it takes barney's co-op site to ship, that would be cool. cause im trying to get my NC before friday. otherwise i have to buy them in the UK or france.

I just got my New Standards in and I was surprised that I was able to button all of the buttons even though I sized down 3. Would I be fine or am I better off buying a size smaller? I'm afraid that these might stretch out too much because from my knowledge, which I'm still unsure of, you wouldn't be able to button at least the top button if you're looking for a good fit.

Oh and I'm only able to button them all the way up if it's worn on my actual waist, not on my hips.

Here's how they look like as of now...

IMG_5731.jpg

IMG_5730.jpg

IMG_5723.jpg

I have 33" waist and I got a pair of Hipsters in 29. They were super tight at first and now fit like a glove. Those look pretty baggy on you. Remember that APC tagged size is not normal. My 29s measured out to almost a 32. Then you have to remember they will stretch as well. They will be uncomfortable for a few days but they will fit nicely after a week or so.

They honestly aren't that baggy. I think it's the back picture that throws it off. I pulled it down a bit so that it almost sat on my hips.They're almost as tight as skin tight, but there's a very small space, I should say. The first picture best describes the fit in my opinion. And I normally wear a 32 in other jeans. This is a size 29. It's strange how I could get into these without much effort.

I know I could sell these with ease, but finding a size 28 is almost as hard as a gangsta in da streets son.

About to buy a pair! One last time someone please be very specific with me: I usually wear size 30. I want mine to fit more slim (NOT skinny). If I want a slim fit after several wears, should I size down one (29) or two (28)?? I really don't want the skinny leg look.

Thanks!!!

About to buy a pair! One last time someone please be very specific with me: I usually wear size 30. I want mine to fit more slim (NOT skinny). If I want a slim fit after several wears, should I size down one (29) or two (28)?? I really don't want the skinny leg look.

Thanks!!!

I would say you're better off sizing down three no matter what. Yes, three. I'm normally between a 31/32 (more towards a 32 in thighs but 31 in waist) and I went 29, they stretched out to be a nice slim fit. I can't stand skinny jeans as well, I would honestly go three.

I'm usually a 29-30 and I went with 27 for my NS. After 2 months of wear, they're just nice now: Fitted around the legs but not skinny, the hip has stretched a bit but holding up nicely while the waist feels a bit looser, defiinitely not "huge in the waist." Between sizing down 1 or 2, definitely 2. Not sure about sizing down 3 as apocalypse suggested, that would be up to your preference. (When I tried them on in the store, I couldn't button up the top, I can't imagine sizing down 3 on them).

I'm usually a 29-30 and I went with 27 for my NS. After 2 months of wear, they're just nice now: Fitted around the legs but not skinny, the hip has stretched a bit but holding up nicely while the waist feels a bit looser, defiinitely not "huge in the waist." Between sizing down 1 or 2, definitely 2. Not sure about sizing down 3 as apocalypse suggested, that would be up to your preference. (When I tried them on in the store, I couldn't button up the top, I can't imagine sizing down 3 on them).

It's so weird to buy jeans that you can't button up though haha.

How did they fit when you first got them?

It's so weird to buy jeans that you can't button up though haha.

Yeah, but that seems to be the "rule of thumb" for them. In fact at the store, I don't think I could button up the top two buttons. The next morning when I wore them, I managed to button all the way up though.

How did they fit when you first got them?

Tight. My balls were in peril and I felt like a chick. A friend bought them true-size and they've stretched out so much his belt doesn't even hold them up properly. I think kenthenoob or somebody posted some pictures in here (not sure about the sizing) and they stretched out ridiculously too.

Ok, so Im in need of a little help here before commiting to a purchase.

I had a pair of NS size 36, they were just slightly too loose before stretching, so i sold them.

Ive lost a few pounds in the last 2 months, and right now i am wearing a pair of gap selvege, size 34. they fit pretty nice, now that they've stretched out they're sorta loose on me.

Any idea on what size i should buy NS in?

I took measurements of myself, Wasite 35.5" thigh 21" ankle 10".

anyone have any idea on this?

How is your advice any diffferent than mine? I wear a 31/32 and went with a 29. That's between 2 and 3 sizes down for me. You wear a 29/30, you went for a 27. That's also between 2 and 3 sizes down--no different than what I did.