APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my right leg looks exactly the same as well.

the one thing that pissed me off was, the right leg overlock and seam was falling apart near the thigh, so i've been patching little stitches here and there. what is the date on your jeans?

i believe it says under the white tab inside on the left, mine says 06/07 (this might not be the date at all, however)

I'm not sure I understand what you mean - the lining is different? You mean the leg twist?

um. none of other raw jeans really twist or i noticed, only apc's its quite obvious.

quite annoying have to keep twisting my right leg :D looks weird when the stitching ends up in the front of your leg.

i guess the quality of apc is not great then; maybe thats why they are bottom line raw denim...

the "twists" occur because almost no one walks perfectly straight. most of the time, your stronger leg subconsciously swings further out than the other when walking. this SHOULD be what results in the twisted right leg effect on your apcs. theyre the same for my new cures and new standards and previously my black raws.

self control at bursting point......................

Every time I see it I still hope Lucy will jump up and kick him in the balls then wind up and throw the ball into his face at point blank range leaving his face a bloody mess.I know it will never happen but a boy can dream.

Leg twist occurs on most all raw denim; when it's washed, the tension in the cotton thread is changed, and it twists in the direction of the warp or weft, can't remember which now. Most denim does this, although some prelaundered denim will be cut along the direction of the twist so you don't see it, and some are woven so that there is no twist. But most all good selvage denim will show some twist, especially if you hot soak it.

How much did you size down on those new cures? The color looks nice

the "twists" occur because almost no one walks perfectly straight. most of the time, your stronger leg subconsciously swings further out than the other when walking. this SHOULD be what results in the twisted right leg effect on your apcs. theyre the same for my new cures and new standards and previously my black raws.

unless people are walking like the silly walkers from monty python, that is the funniest theory i've ever heard of.

Leg twists do occur on raw denim though. Old levis used to do the same thing, same with lvc

well maybe your leg twist theory is true, but i doubt it makes it noticable. but with my apc's NC. they are quite blatantly obvious. i mean, you can feel the twist, and see that the lining ends up at the middle of your front..

finally they gonna send me a size 29, we gonna see how it fits...

so i got them 29's, they fit pretty slim but i can close every button, i think i will wear them home the time they stretch out, how long do you think it would take?

How much did you size down on those new cures? The color looks nice

sized down 2 (to a 28), the waistline stretched about 3 though.

i tried on the 29 and they fit like a post-stretch 28 (ecxept in the waist)