APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YANNI APC doesnt really sound like what you are looking for - quality denim in the fit that you describe would come with jap repros. If you are set on trying them on before you buy perhaps Nudie regular Ralph although quality is not as good as previously mentioned brands.

Others here are probably more educated on the fits you're after.

talk to me about hipsters people. I had a pair of apc NS in a 29 that were really tough to button. I wore em for about 3 weeks, slept in them, had my circulation cut off, etc. they stretched some but the silouhette just didn't look good on me. size 31 slim jims are pretty much a perfect fit on me and pbj xx-005 in 31 are pretty good too. the hipster sounds like a good cut and its totally affordable through denim bar. what is the sizing like on these? anyone have pictures of them being worn? what's the leg opening measurement? thanks

I know I'm gonna get my ass chewed out for posting instead of doing 3 hours of cande-lit research on this one, but I'm at work and don't have time for that. Plus, I'm running against the clock on bidding on a pair.

Here's the question:

I know APCs stretch significantly in the waist and legs, but what does that do for length?

I'm a a tall guy and while I think the 29s would suit me better in waist, since it'll stretch out, they only have a 33.5 inseam vs. the 34.8 or whatever inseam of the 30s.

If I get the 29s, is the length going to grow as the legs loosen up?

I just think that the small details make for a better and different jean. ie: the stitching on the pockets, the coin pocket logo, etc. Don't get me wrong I think APC makes great denim and I even own a pair, I was just saying that for my own personal taste I happen to think that the Iron Army jean was a better choice.

Someone please clarify this for me... This post is strictly regarding New Standards/New Cures.

You are suggested to SIZE 2 down for APCs in GENERAL correct? I went and tried on a pair of sz30 New Standards. Waist is WAYY too huge. Gotta wear a belt. Thighs fit, but slightly loose. Rest is pretty nice. Figuring I need a sz 28 or 29... my thighs/ass are huge compared to my waist though... so that's confusing.

I *attempt* to slip into a pair of sz30 New Cures. BIG DIFFERENCE. Can't even pull them past my thighs. sz31 New cures fit, but are ball-crunchingly tight. I was told they stretch sooo sz31 should be great on the NC for me.

However this is just a point I wanna raise. If you want to buy both NC and NS, the sizes are DIFFERENT! Maybe it's just my strange body type (big ass/thighs, small waist) but the same size NS and NC fit completely different. I'm pretty much decided on the sz31 NC but I think I'd hafta go down to sz28 for NS.

Do any of you feel the same way?

(BTW: Do DH fit similar to NC or are they sorta "in between" NC/NS?)

so the new standard apc is a sort of slim-but-not-too-tight jean? i've been looking everywhere for a good basic jean that i can wear in and love and these are sounding pretty good.

is apc's sizing pretty true and standard? if i were to order em online

I heard somewhere that you could turn the jean inside out, spray the knees with a water bottle, then iron them dry (with an ironing board so as not to ruin your honeycombs).

FYI, context has just stocked up on all sizes of APC New Standards.

A lot of people wear belts to prevent the waist from stretching out.

Get yourself a good pair of knee pads, this works great to keep the knees from buldging.