Pure Blue Japan XX-005 Black

ianpalermo

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure the sizing on these is consistent between runs, or something. I had a sz 31 in indigo, my true size. Pretty happy with the fit but thought I might be able to go down one. So I bought a 30 in the black when they first dropped at BiG. I found that even post-soak, they fit looser in the thighs than the indigo pair. Not problematic, but not exactly what I was going for. I'm still quite happy with them though. My only real disappointment is that the buttons are painted black, which seems to wear off pretty easily.

I had the same experience. I based on everyone's experiences and got myself a size 32. (i wear 32 for canes one-wash). But even after one cold and one warm soak. They still seem pretty loose compared to what the PBJ 005 threads seem to suggest for this model (be it indigo or black).

• 2 weeks later...
anyone owns a pair of PBJ xx-005 blacks and a pair of IMPERIAL dukes?

i need some comparison on the fit, so i can get the sizing right.

the size 32 PBJ xx-005 blacks are def bigger than the size 32 dukes in the waist.... if i could do it over again... i might get size 31 PBJ blacks instead.

Alright recieved my pbj black one-wash today. I bought a size 31 and they fit perfect in the waist (a little effort is needed to button them up). My dukes are 32 so i can't really give an accurate comparison between the 2, but i have tried on 31 dukes. From what i remember the thigh area is about the same between the 2, a tight/snug fit but not painted on tight. The pbj's width below the knee is a little bit slimmer imo, but that could be because the dukes were alot longer thus making it seem baggier from the stacking below the knee (but it was still quite slim). The rise on the dukes are a tad higher.

For anyone thinking of purchasing a pair of pbj, get your true size, unless you have really skinny legs and need to size down 1 to compensate. My thighs at the widest is 20" so i have relatively skinny thighs.

In terms of the fit, i prefer the pbj over the dukes in the same size.

I hope all that helps, if not ask away!

was your 31 dukes really tight initially? If you had no problems putting and buttoning them up at first, you might be able to get away with a 30 in pbj, but 31 would be on the safe side.

I got mine from japanhookup whos on hiatus atm. There wasn't much difference in cost to get them here between the 2. If you are in the US, it's proabably best to get them from BiG.

my dukes were tight initially but not much effort needed for buttoning up.

yup guess i'll have to choose between a 30 and 31 for pbj.

oh okay. looking for a japan hookup as well.

i am actually from Singapore.

and from here BiG is really overpriced.

sorry but whats hiatus atm?

I think BiG ships internationally for free. If that is so, then the price you pay from BiG is not that much different to the price you pay from a japanese hookup.

Theres also take5 from HK, but i think that is your most expensive option.

hey TiP and swooc.

thanks for the assistance and vocab lessons.

yup bears only carries the indigo ones.

one of our fellow SFers bought a pair from a parachutes (a japanese hook up), who got them from a store in japan.

and the total cost is around 20% less than what BiG is offering.

guess i'll be messaging parachutes real soon.

i have no experience ordering through a hookup but hope it goes smoothly!

TiP, i may have to render your assistance once it happens. haha

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I am going to buy me a first pair of PBJ xx-005BK....So I wear Slim Jim 27 which is kinda tight. My waist measurement is 31.5 inches.The widest part of my thigh is about 20.5 inch.....So should I get W32 raw or W30 one-wash on xx-005 BK ? please help me out guys... thx a TON!!! :)

the size 32 PBJ xx-005 blacks are def bigger than the size 32 dukes in the waist.... if i could do it over again... i might get size 31 PBJ blacks instead.

I completely agree with this. I own dukes and the pbj blks and the dukes tend to run more true to size or even small. My Dukes are size 33 (wanted a little bit of a looser, anti fit) and the pbj blks are size 31.

I think BiG ships internationally for free.

If only.

I’m in the UK and the last pair of jeans that I got from BIG cost close to $50 for shipping. The one-wash service and free chain stitching justified the price for me though, and delivery was also really fast so I don’t have any complaints.

Hey I am going to buy me a first pair of PBJ xx-005BK....So I wear Slim Jim 27 which is kinda tight. My waist measurement is 31.5 inches.The widest part of my thigh is about 20.5 inch.....So should I get W32 raw or W30 one-wash on xx-005 BK ? please help me out guys... thx a TON!!! :)

First of all, you should get the same size whether you buy these in a raw or one-wash state as they will shrink to (or will already be) tag-size depending on which you buy.

If you’re a 27 in Nudie then I’d recommend that you size up one for a tight fit and two if you want to be able to sag a little (these are a very low rise so they sit on the hips). I wear 29 in Nudie and bought these in a 30 one-wash and they fit really well, though the waist has stretched out quite a bit since I got them so they now measure closer to a 31.

i have been getting a lot of requests about getting raw PBJs(even though im in hiatus atm), but i havent seen them available anywhere. neither in rakuten, their online store or even at their actual boutique. all i have come across are one wash denims without the crispy cardboard feel of genuine raw denim. im curious to know where everyone is getting the idea that PBJs are available in raw.

Edit: heard from PBJ that they do produce the models in raw denim upon request. they also mentioned that one boutique in NY stocks their raw models, which i presume is BiG..

well as far as i can see from the pics on BiG, those look EXACTLY like the one wash PBJs i see around here. its a misleading discription to state them as unwashed, though these do shrink a bit after soak. im pretty sure that PBJ doesnt produce any raw models.

Edit: heard from PBJ that they do produce the models in raw denim upon request. they also mentioned that one boutique in NY stocks their raw models, which i presume is BiG.

The PBL. 005's at BIG are raw models... I have them in indigo and blk. from there.