Denim in Singapore

tweeds

uniqlo and G2000blu work for me. uniqlos are thinner and my preferred choice...but the cut is just a touch off. still forgiveable though. thanks plongin for the tip--will go look at the bossini stuff.

did anyone else buy those 50%-discount white and grey plain pima cotton roundnecks from the ck sale? i know whizkit did...and then i saw one in a pile and had to get it as well.

Was it $249 before discount?

ar man

THanks for the reply.

I wanna try the fit first man before thinking of ordering.

Haizz no chance for a singaporean...

I'm probably gonna buy a pair of Samurais in the near future too. Why don't you just take a few measurements and see which pair would probably match you ?

That's what I intend to do at least !

the pima T? It was $30 after discount.

damn kit, our spot is blown! $30 pima cotton tees...who'd have guessed

yeah they're slightly ribbed. still, they're pretty comfortable, and keep their shape fairly well. my preference is still for the thinner, non-ribbed cotton of the uniqlo tees..

haha, they sell it almost every season I think, maybe with different neck openings. Anyway, they'll keep the old stuff soon as the new FW stuff are already coming in, go grab if you want to get another one. I wish the white ones were less translucent, would have gotten it instead of the grey.

Hey any logos on those Bosinis? I assume not but want to confirm.

well there's a sewn on tag flapped over the bottom left corner of the tee which says "essential dry series", but nothin on the tee says bossini if thats what you're wondering too. I usually cut out the tag, its really easy. another thing bout them tees is that you gotta buy a size up cause they shrink about one size down.

also, theres a new AAA line, called the platinum series...which kinda fit like the normal AA. $12 each.

yeah they had em at penin, but according to them, they were bringing it in on a trial basis only, so im not sure if they still have them.

btw, according to the urban section of the papers today, uniqlo will be opening in singapore sometime in the decently near future. that'd be pretty nice.

I think it depends on how you dry your laundry. I tend to air-dry since SG has such hot climates, but the sizing might be fucked up if you use a dryer.

I'm currently rotating a bunch of Hanes I got from Target and they have held well so far.

yeah, i have a super duper dryer at home, it shrinks things like honey shrinks the kids.

Hi to all who have been coming to Billet Doux and asking for Common Projects and to everyone else!

These fabulous sneakers and chelsea boots have finally arrived.

100% made in Italy using the finest nappa leather!

Carried by Colette, Seven New York, Our Spot, Ships, United arrows etc...

Billet Doux is located at 16A Haji Lane. Do drop by soon!

Oh by the way, we also carry limited quantities of Flat Head.

Arriving soon will be Wonhundred jeans, Intoxica-Jeans and Sling and Stones.

I can't believe my grandma stole my 1month old imperial dukes, washed them and ironed them flat out. :(

My parents are going to disown me. Friends gonna leave me. The computer would probably explode on me any moment now. My alarm clock gonna fail on me.

It's amazing that i can still see some wiskers and honeycombs on my jeans. No fading though. Shrank around 1.5inches in length? Not sure how much it has shrank on the waist though(haven't put them on yet, my grandmother ironed them when they were wet).:cool:

if you're talking about just hemming them shorter, either one would do. actually you can take em to any tailor. 4-10 bucks, and they can get it done in 10 mins.

What about the quality of the skinnying from those 2 shops you mentioned? Cus I've been looking for a good place to tailor. Scared that if I bring to any tailor they'll do a shit job and waste money on an expensive pair of jeans.