Are cuffs going out of style?

poly800rock

Cuffing will always be punk as fuck. It's def a great way to wear jeans with boots. I think cuffs+dunks look is awkward tho

Cuffing with boots look good if the jeans do not in any way "break" I think, plus it's better with rougher style of boots. With sleeker pairs and tighter jeans I just let the pants bunch at the bottom.

I wonder, however, if we weren't committed selvedgeists, if we'd even notice a non-selvedge cuff?

If you didn't know what it was, I'm sure you'd never notice or care. OTOH, it always sticks out like a sore thumb for me.

You people are fucking insane sometimes. I cuff my non-selvedge Crates and I don't cuff my RRDS. Why? Because that's the best look for them with the shoes that I wear with them, respectively. So, I'm sorry DDML, the idea that cuffing non-selvedge is wrong or looks bad is just plain silly.

The fact that this is even a topic blows my mind. Grow a fucking identity of your own...if you want to cuff it, cuff it. If not, don't. Listening to someone's personal view on the idea of cuffing a pair of jeans is destroying the very idea of dry denim. It's supposed to be how you personally wear your jeans and the bumps and bruises that you accumulate along the way.

I'm so curmudgeonly.

You people are fucking insane sometimes. I cuff my non-selvedge Crates and I don't cuff my RRDS. Why? Because that's the best look for them with the shoes that I wear with them, respectively. So, I'm sorry DDML, the idea that cuffing non-selvedge is wrong or looks bad is just plain silly.

The fact that this is even a topic blows my mind. Grow a fucking identity of your own...if you want to cuff it, cuff it. If not, don't. Listening to someone's personal view on the idea of cuffing a pair of jeans is destroying the very idea of dry denim. It's supposed to be how you personally wear your jeans and the bumps and bruises that you accumulate along the way.

I'm so curmudgeonly.

you're now my favourite poster

the point was not to discuss which jeans you should cuff, but more so if anyone still cuffs, havent seen anyone cuff in WDYWT

I'm so curmudgeonly.

i love the giant cuffs you always see in the 40s and 50s Levis ads. however, 501s usually dont ever fit that good (or tight!) and ive never been able to pull off a giant cuff myself....

maybe it only works in the cartoons?!

for instance, take that bazooka joe bubble gum character... his jeans look the coolest!

haha.

I think stacking is seeing a redux not because cuffing is out but simply because there's a hell of a lot more slim/straight/tapered legs on shop shelves right now.

A couple of years ago when the shops were vastly dominated by boot & wide legs stacking just wasn't an option, and the issue was whether to cuff or just tread off the backs of your jeans.

Just my 2 cents.