Visvim F/W/S 2006-2007

englandmj7

How is this different than Japanese repros vs. Levis?

Word. This can be applied to a vast multitude of scenarios. I have seen this argument many times before, but often, the person criticizing Visvim would be the same person willing to buy a $295 pair of Iron Hearts, or a $700 Acronym shell; both products which have far cheaper and in my opinion, somewhat comparable substitutes (ex. Levi's and iDiom perspectively).

I personally would never buy a $300 pair of denim, yet I am glad to fork out $400 for an excellent pair of shoes. I have Visvims that have lasted years of heavy use and they still look brand new. $225 for a pair isn't unreasonable considering the materials/construction. Hell, a simple pair of non-branded leather dress shoes can run you $150. As far as the design argument goes, originality can be present in interpretation/re-invention just as much as it is in developing an entirely new product. it depends on how it is done, and in my opinion, Visvim does it exceptionally well.

I will admit though, that the Logans and Zahras in particular, are a couple pairs of Visvims that I would not be willing to pay the premium for. Vans makes a decent enough, affordable, and fairly well constructed substitute in this situation.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

somtimes people just obviously feel they can do a better version, i mean essentially we have evolved footwear in the past 150 years where there are few more BETTER designs to be created asthetically or erganomically, hense the repro situation with converse etc...

its a classic shoe, like vans, etc. but personally after having several pairs of converse over the years and vans alike, they dont wear well with the way i live and are not actually that comfortable incomparison to some premium designer versions such as visvim, where design is not the only thing in mind.

fair enough most people can make do, and i think footwear is one if not the most important piece of clothing and it has to be right for you.

I have in the past bought brand new pairs of shoes/ converse leather ones / maharishi converse equivilants and other shite that lasted me as little as 5 weeks!!! ie: worn right THROUGH the shoe making a hole,..yes i do alot of walking and maybe theyr not the right shoe for that but you would at least expect them to be slightly durable.

my 3 best and most comfy pairs of shoes or trainers i own are, dior homme hightop s/s 05 canvas trainers, a pair of Jil Sander boots and a pair of visvim serra hikers....

those alone together cost me over £600 and thats with discounts on 2 of them!!...and i will say i dont regret a penny of any of those so far the visvims and my jil sander boots are like the most comfy fuckers in the world. and the Jil Sanders have lasted me over 4 years without having them resoled

i guess to sum the above up would be to say most would be right to think that its overpriced when they still have some cons theyv had since they were 15, but its there for those who think that extra bit of comfort and quality is worth the extra penny..

I personally think it is, for my lifestlyle anyway

Good points, MJ.

I don't think I've ever seen a well worn pair of Visvims - post some pics of yours

Thanks. Will try and remember to when I get home. I would recommend looking for Hahnstch's inventory pic (somewhere on here; maybe in this thread)......really no point in seeing mine when compared to his. :eek:

I don't have the attention span of reading posts with 500 lines.

Is there a visvim shoe that looks like clarks desert trek?

Buckminster Chukkas have a fairly similar aesthetic and look great. However, the Paik Mammoths are a closer substitute and have the same split-toe stitching. I think Treks and Paiks are ugly as hell though......

http://www.xici.net/b662502/d44177620.htm

They're also going to be impossible to find.

Elk skin for skate kicks? My comments pertain to this particular detail. There are several pieces I like from Visvim. I am fine with their price points. What I am commenting on is this particular pair of shoes.

hold up, what?

I am saying fuck Visvim. Sometimse I wonder if the Japanese have a creative bone in their body.

Come on, go fuck yourself HN.

gotta admit i was one of the dudes who went 'what? 300 for a pair of chuck/vans look alike?! i am so not gonna pay that price for a pair of shoes'

but my feet thought differently and i have no regrets.

my aunt screwed my kiefers up madly though. she went to use some chemical to remove the f*** on the front AS WELL as the asterisks.. damn i'm too pissed.

gotta admit i was one of the dudes who went 'what? 300 for a pair of chuck/vans look alike?! i am so not gonna pay that price for a pair of shoes'

but my feet thought differently and i have no regrets.

my aunt screwed my kiefers up madly though. she went to use some chemical to remove the f*** on the front AS WELL as the asterisks.. damn i'm too pissed.

You might consider "Goo Gone" as a safe method to remove the "Fuck." It is an extremely powerful citrus-based cleaner that is safe for use on clothes, etc. Can be found at any grocery/hardware/pharmacy store.

more pictures of the logan on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/VISVIM-NEW-LOGAN-DARK-BROWN-US-10-ALL-ELK-LEATHER_W0QQitemZ300075323043QQihZ020QQcategoryZ63850QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i dunno how the hell this guy can get his hands on the shoes, if the worldwide release is still 1.5 months ahead

judging by the pictures, the quality is pure sex!!

well worn enough? ~2-3 months old

yeah, those look dope. just a little dirty though, really. i'm saying, i want to see a pair that's been worn for a year or two - not just a few months old and a little dusty.

i know you have an ill collection hahn, no disrespect, but i want to see a pair that's really been worn.

ha ha...we all baby them too much. Each pair comes with a tag that states, 'This shoe is not designed for sports. Please take caution when engaged in vigorous activities while wearing these shoes."

Personally, I like look of busted shoes that take on a patina of well-worn. I've already made my own versions of HF Polka Dot Pack x FBT Ancestors by splattering them while cooking and painting

my Newton 2's are starting to get pretty worn in. Lots of creasing. I actually prefer the look when they're clearly worn than when they're brand new.

I really like the Logans, but I'd like to try them on first. I can see myself paying for them, though.

The new Visvim line is being released across all US accounts next week.

Undftd on La Brea got their shipment yesterday, which i saw, and they look amazing. I'm not too keen on the patent leather used on some models, but entire line-up is great as usual. I wish i had some photos to point you all towards..

the new elk leather ones retail for 345.00, a bit steep, but worth it if you're careful.

i really want the white ones, but they'd be ruined in fifteen minutes of wear if worn with denim. The elk leather they've used is the softest leather i've ever felt..

Here's whats interesting.. Visvim told me that UnionLA is carrying the US line, and they only have the timberland looking boots right now, and that Undftd is carrying the Japan line, and they just got a huge shipment of ALL kinds of new stuff ranging in price from 220 to 345.

The stores are right next to each other so it makes sense to give them different product, but we'll see..

sometimes things are lost in translation, especially between Visvim and I, so maybe they meant something else by their statement that the store stores will both be carrying Visvim shoes, but different lines.

Here's whats interesting.. Visvim told me that UnionLA is carrying the US line, and they only have the timberland looking boots right now, and that Undftd is carrying the Japan line, and they just got a huge shipment of ALL kinds of new stuff ranging in price from 220 to 345.

The stores are right next to each other so it makes sense to give them different product, but we'll see..

sometimes things are lost in translation, especially between Visvim and I, so maybe they meant something else by their statement that the store stores will both be carrying Visvim shoes, but different lines.

Yeah, I mentioned this before. I was told by Chris (at Union) that Union will carry the Japanese line only, and will be the only account in the entire US receiving them. Undftd, Greyone, etc., etc. will receive the US line, and the number of stores with Visvim accounts (US line only that is), will drastically expand.

Yeah, I mentioned this before. I was told by Chris (at Union) that Union will carry the Japanese line only, and will be the only account in the entire US receiving them. Undftd, Greyone, etc., etc. will receive the US line, and the number of stores with Visvim accounts (US line only that is), will drastically expand.

---------------------