Visvim F/W/S 2006-2007

englandmj7

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm. I have the S/S 2006 catalogue and I didn't see any women's stuff in there either. S/S 2006 would be the "last season" that you speak of right?
Yes... could there be more than one version of the catalog?

If your interested i can take some photos.

I managed to hit up Union LA to try to get a pair of Ancestors. I'm not sure if anyone mentioned the prices, but they kind of deterred me from buying yesterday.

I was expecting to pay around $200, being that most of the FBT series retailed for $198 and Hockneys went for $188 (my 2 favorite VisVim models).

After trying them on I found the Ansestors were retailing for $258. While that isn't THAT much more (relatively speaking) the extra $60 kind of turned me off. FYI, the Fangs are going for $288.

I managed to hit up Union LA to try to get a pair of Ancestors. I'm not sure if anyone mentioned the prices, but they kind of deterred me from buying yesterday.

I was expecting to pay around $200, being that most of the FBT series retailed for $198 and Hockneys went for $188 (my 2 favorite VisVim models).

After trying them on I found the Ansestors were retailing for $258. While that isn't THAT much more (relatively speaking) the extra $60 kind of turned me off. FYI, the Fangs are going for $288.

I'll probably be stopping by there today.

Do you know if they have a pretty good size run of any of the FBT's?

I wear a 10.5...so I went for a 10/11.

They have 2 colors for the FBT ancestors, the light sand and dark sand (?). They claimed to have sold out of the dark brown and black, but then again they also said they "sold-out" of all the 10.5 (which VisVim does not make).

Anyways, from what I checked they had one 11 for each color and a couple 10's (or so they say)...but if they are going as fast as they say they are, good luck getting a 9-9.5.

FYI - I checked the prices for the Nam Jun Jungle Boots at both Union and Huf. They are $288 at Union and only $266 at Huf. Unfortunately, Huf said that they were out of size 11s in both colors.....fuck. Looks like I won't be making it up to the city for them.

Also, I am selling sz 11 brown Duck Boots........peep the sig below.....

:D

I wear a 10.5...so I went for a 10/11.

They have 2 colors for the FBT ancestors, the light sand and dark sand (?). They claimed to have sold out of the dark brown and black, but then again they also said they "sold-out" of all the 10.5 (which VisVim does not make).

Anyways, from what I checked they had one 11 for each color and a couple 10's (or so they say)...but if they are going as fast as they say they are, good luck getting a 9-9.5.

Ya, I stopped by today. I was bummed that they didnt have any size 12. I am not having any luck tracking down any FBT.

I just scooped the last pair of sz 11 Sand-colored Nam Jun Jungle boots from Union LA.

:D

FYI - I talked to Pete there and he said they did not order the Mowatts, Fangs, or Polkes........the only shoes they are getting from the Japanese line for the rest of the year are the Logans (he said they ordered a ton of them), and the Cypher Kiefer Mids.

So, for the count, all Union has is the black Nam Juns, and the FBT Ancestors.

Also, he informed me that Union, starting in January, will be the only store in the continental U.S. to get Japanese Visvims. They will also carry the U.S. releases, but alot of other stores will as well. Apparently Greyone / Situationnormal, etc. have received U.S. Visvim accounts as well.

Oh, and he also 100% confirmed that Visvim will NOT be opening a store in Los Angeles.

FYI - I talked to Pete there and he said they did not order the Mowatts, Fangs, or Polkes........the only shoes they are getting from the Japanese line for the rest of the year are the Logans (he said they ordered a ton of them), and the Cypher Kiefer Mids.

So Logans are going to be released sometime very, very soon?

it's good that they stopped making FBTs.

they made enough time to move on although FBT anchestors build on the same mocassin design.

i want them to bring back the koonig but i'm fine with them not bringing back. if you slept then you just gotta hunt for it.

i'm still looking for a pair of white elk FBTs. those things are insane!!!!!!!!!!