englandmj7

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^yup,proxy would probably be your best bet

Hot in singapore and hong kong.

nuff said.

have to agree with herpsky, I'm not local but I can see that it's now getting more popular in SG, but i don't think it will reach the level of the SB hype. Hopefully not, those were bad times.

it's 28350 yen -- according to star-j blog

they also didnt say when it's gonna drop.

if it drops before august 15, count on me offering pickups when im in fukuoka. (i wish i was going to tokyo, but oh well)

Personally, Visvim will never be the next Bapesta/Dunk SB only because on a fundamental level there are multiple designs of Visvim shoes keeping the hype relatively low, and they aren't flashy enough to scream "I GOT ME SOME VISSVISSUMZ" which is probably a big turn off for the people who might be responsible for Visvim's downfall.

Azn8oi, wow I am getting to Tokyo on that exact date...

"I GOT ME SOME VISSVISSUMZ" which is probably a big turn off for the people who might be responsible for Visvim's downfall.

it will happen

Who cares if it's popular in SG/Hong Kong. Everything seems to be popular there. To be honest, Visvim is still only known to maybe 1% of the population in Europe/US/Australia. I'm not going to stop liking the brand because "maybe" one day it might blow up and be available in other places than Union and Hideout. These comparisons to dunks and bapesta's are really off - I know what you're getting at, but it's really not a great comparison.

I didn't compare visvims to bapes.

I'm just saying that they will get the next DUNK SB status

with regards to street popularity.

that's why two lucky sufu posters will score my FBTs in size 11

don't PM

cause you will be disqualified from the contest

I think it really just boils down to...

Once Visvim and "lots of money" become synonymous in the eyes of many (and in a way, they already are) it's the beginning of the end. The dealbreaker is really just how many other people can recognize that they are Visvims, and thus expensive.

But I still have the hope that the relative simplicity and lack of flash will keep Visvim from being a "worthy investment" for these people. We can only pray.

herp... ;)

But as for the HK/SG popularity... they're all the way on the other side of the world, so I say fuck it -- I'm-a still rock my Visvims. I can definitely see herpsky's point though. Now, unless Visvim changes its marketing strategies for the G-Line, which I'm pretty sure they're doing, the brand can and will definitely reach that status of hypebeastliness (that even a word???) here in the U.S.

But I still have the hope that the relative simplicity and lack of flash will keep Visvim from being a "worthy investment" for these people. We can only pray.

People are already coming off of that whole loud-as-fuck look from 2006, and getting on the cleaner and simpler tip... especially, with all these blogs posting about Vis.

the nez pearce backpacks are awesome... great for the price u pay... cheaper than getting a headporter backpack and ur getting the near same quality / design and fucntion.

I agree!

Except for one thing. Every time the elk leather touches the ground, you cringe in despair. Every time.

the nez pearce backpacks are awesome... great for the price u pay... cheaper than getting a headporter backpack and ur getting the near same quality / design and fucntion.

near the same quality?

no way! the Visvim bags' quality far surpasses anything Headposter has ever made..

I think there's a serious misconception about the quality of HP bags. I've seen them come apart at the seams after only a few weeks.

Anyone know when Union NYC will be getting the Nez backpacks ? any how much they will be ?

Union NYC doesn't get much... the Union in LA gets all the stock then decides what to send to NYC.. which normally ends up being very little to nothing.

As an example.. Union LA got over 40 pairs of the Logan-Mids (all three colors combined). Union NYC got 7 pairs total.

could've sworn Union LA didn't get the white logans. I was talking to em there asking why there weren't whites and they said they made the mistake of not ordering any thinking it wasn't a good colorway at the time. I do hope they get those new kiefers though, to die for seriously.

i don't want to contribute to the hype, but damn, quilted keifers are amazing. i've always really liked visvim, but haven't exactly been able to afford it. for those though i think i'd bite the price bullet. any updates on information about their release (esp. in the us) would be appreciated. hopefully they'll get em at union nyc while i'm up there, but that's doubtful, so if anyone could hook me up upon release that would be awesome

I think it really just boils down to...

Once Visvim and "lots of money" become synonymous in the eyes of many (and in a way, they already are) it's the beginning of the end. The dealbreaker is really just how many other people can recognize that they are Visvims, and thus expensive.

Visvim actually got mentioned in a Wall Street Journal article about rich finance guys building "million dollar wardrobes." Actually surprised the hell out of me.