Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

do you know yet what the criteria is for button/clasp in 08? I can't seem to find a pattern from looking through the LVR pics.

All of the jeans/pants with a metal button have elastane in them.

so are the jakes the ones with the paint, or the other ones?

Under My Car has the red paint streak and is 19cm, the Jakes don't and has 17.5cm. They look almost exactly alike. I have both for under retail if anyone wants a pair.

All of the jeans/pants with a metal button have elastane in them.

I thought that might be it... but the indigo 17.5cm have a clasp? And a number of the loose looking prewashes have buttons (presumably 21cm cut, but could just be sized up 4 17.5cm, it is lvr.)

now that the stuff is up on lvr I can see that they have fucked up worse than usual. More importantly, do you know what the 19cm karma is? And will you be getting the black silver selvage again?

im comtemplating http://www.luisaviaroma.com/ecnew/Collections/SchedaProd.aspx?Outlet=False&CodStagione=47I&CodCollezione=06V&CodArticolo=700

im a 35 waist, but need to size up to 36-38 sometimes due to my rather large thighs/calvs. would a 36 be good enough? or would it tight as a motherfucker?

i have a pair of apc ns in 36, and they're pretty damn tight on my thighs, so i don't really wear them at all =/

After looking at the pictures of the 19cm MIJ Brut denim on the LVR listing, it appears in that the cut is pretty much the same but I don't claim to be an expert of any kind, anyone agree or disagree with that observation? Just wondering if I ought to try to get another pair of 19cms from this season if possible or if I should wait to see if the 08 ones fit any differently.

I thought that might be it... but the indigo 17.5cm have a clasp? And a number of the loose looking prewashes have buttons (presumably 21cm cut, but could just be sized up 4 17.5cm, it is lvr.)

now that the stuff is up on lvr I can see that they have fucked up worse than usual. More importantly, do you know what the 19cm karma is? And will you be getting the black silver selvage again?

Some of the 19cm washed jeans this season have elastane in them (Under My Car for example). Maybe the 17.5cm indigos don't have buttons because they're raw.

I still have the black silver selvage on hand.

These http://www.luisaviaroma.com/ecnew/Collections/SchedaProd.aspx?Outlet=False&CodStagione=47I&CodCollezione=06V&CodArticolo=4 appear much darker than last seasons though, the smokey grey color didn't really appeal to me, but I guess it could just be the pictures. Is the cut of the silver selvage any different from the raw 19cm? I was going to order the 17.5 through you when they came in but I'd rather drop that kind of money on non-stretchy pants.

These http://www.luisaviaroma.com/ecnew/Collections/SchedaProd.aspx?Outlet=False&CodStagione=47I&CodCollezione=06V&CodArticolo=4 appear much darker than last seasons though, the smokey grey color didn't really appeal to me, but I guess it could just be the pictures. Is the cut of the silver selvage any different from the raw 19cm? I was going to order the 17.5 through you when they came in but I'd rather drop that kind of money on non-stretchy pants.

The cut is exactly the same. They're not really smokey grey, but more of a light black, if you can imagine something like that.

The cut is exactly the same. They're not really smokey grey, but more of a light black, if you can imagine something like that.

I really like them. I got a pair in the 21cm version and they are great. Very soft for raws. They also have a more matte finish and are sort of one shade of black if you know what i mean. I would highly recomend them.

So can anyone once and for clarify whether or not the S/S08 jeans (raw 19cm & raw 20cm) are indeed the exact same cut as the Slimane era ones (along with clasp etc.)? Between the LVR photos and other message board posts I am by now completely confused.

I just tried on a pair of the new black 17.5cm super skinny jeans (not the raws, though) and I have to say I think some people will be very pleased but some may also be dissapointed. They felt much more fitted all over, especially in the thigh. The ass also sort of drooped more then the other diors. They are cool if you are rail skinny, but i think besides that they would just look a bit odd.

So can anyone once and for clarify whether or not the S/S08 jeans (raw 19cm & raw 20cm) are indeed the exact same cut as the Slimane era ones (along with clasp etc.)? Between the LVR photos and other message board posts I am by now completely confused.

+1, id wanna hear the answer too, if its alrdy being said, im sure you guys wouldn't mind repeating it :D

Brut in french actually means dry, natural, and untrained.

The word for raw is cru.

yes you are right, i actually corrected someone in this very same thread a few months ago for the same mistake, dunno what went through my mind when typing that.

also, i fucked up, BRUT is actually for the Made in japan raw denim, NOSTALGY is for the made in italy ones, i mixed up the terms.