Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

theres a thread in Supershopped titled Dior homme in Sydney

and the conclusion was that no retailer in SYD carry DH

I am sure u'll find the search function ur new best friend in the future if u want some answers to all ur curioisities

My sz 32's arent tight in the thighs anymore. Oh well

that makes me happy!! im 5'6" with 19 inch thighs (used to swim) and i got 27 inch waist, 19 cm, japanese. apparently 28 inch is sold out across the country.

the waist fits fine, although the first day did take some sucking in to get it buttoned. the thighs are still skin tight (not enough to cut off my circulation, but enough to leave no extra fabric at all). at the moment, im embarrased to walk out with such tight jeans. i wear them to sleep every night and hope that they will stretch out.. if not, i guess i have to get on a bike... :P

Hey there

I just wanted to say that my experience of Dior raw denim is different from what others have posted. I have two pairs - one Italian and one Japanese. Neither has stretched much at all. Certainly not in the thighs and not much in the waist either. I would advise completely against buying raw denim that you have to struggle to get into. Buy them true to size or one up. They really won't stretch that much and when you wash them they will shrink and then WON'T fit. I bought a size 27 (I am normally a 28) in my first pair because they actually fitted better than the 28 in the raw but after washing and wearing I definitely wish I'd sized up one and got the 28 I normally wear. The waist has shrunk a bit - but wearing them strectches it out but the thighs have REALLY shrunk and they are difficult to stretch out without looking silly. And the length has shrunk too to a 33. I have only ever washed at 30 degrees and no tumble drying.

So - my honest advice is don't buy a jean that is raw that's difficult to get on. You'll only wear them and love the finish you're creating and then after weeks or months of careful wearing to get the look just so - you'll wash them and they won't fit.

Better to be safe than sorry

Best

T

that makes no sense.

- when I bought mine, I needed help buttoning them up

- after 1 day they had already loosened up and were ok to wear

- after a week or two they loosened up, both waist and thighs

- after several weeks they have loosened a bit more, including the knees

- when I washed them after 2 months, they shrunk back just a bit but stretched back rather quickly

so I dont know if you have some f'ed up pairs or something but nevertheless I dont think its good to give advice like that when its completely different from what 30 other people are saying.

if I would've followed your advice I would have jeans that would fall off of me.

Oh ok.

Maybe mine fit differently. Not sure how you'd get jeans that fall off of you if you buy a raw pair that actually fit as all raw denim shrinks when you first wash it. Hence the fact that nearly all other denim manufacturers raw/dry denim is sized up for you to allow for shrinkage.

Guess the majority must be righ - just posting my experiences. Dior raw behaves just like all other dry denim. It shrinks a lot

I dont know about you, but i have been wearing Raw Diors for a couple years now and all the pairs i have got have stretched out. Also, they have shrunk back to close to its original size when i washed them, but they strech right back.

Plus at the begining, i bought a pair of my regular size. They stretched so much i had to put them aside and get another pair.

And all other dry denim i have ever had, Nudies, APCs,have all stretched a lot from their original size. Then after the wash, they come back close to original but stretch right back.

tyler i have to agree with you- my japanese raws havent stretched really at all. whats you experience of the 19s in japananese vs italian- i really like the quality of the japs, but i find the size that fits me around the waist- 31 which hangs off me- i need a belt, is still really tight on the thight cos of the darting. what would you say about ht equivalent in italian

well obviously it depends on how hard you rock them... if you live in a city where you have to walk a lot (with very steep hills too!), and if you skate or bike in them, they are gonna stretch out a lot... if you just rock them around the house or in the office and drive your SUV or sedan with an automatic transmission to places, you're not gonna get very much wear or stretching...

that makes no sense.

- when I bought mine, I needed help buttoning them up

- after 1 day they had already loosened up and were ok to wear

Entirely agree. I just recently picked up the japanese raw black 19's and took me 1 day (roughly about 8hrs worth of wearing) and they dont feel nearly as tight as they did when I put them on the next day. The thighs may be the exception, but that's because I've got some large thighs, but they dont even hug in the knee and calf region anymore. So much so that it doesnt "stack" in those aforementioned areas anymore, but rather have fallen to the ankles now. Makes me wonder if I should have tried to go down another inch.

well obviously it depends on how hard you rock them... if you live in a city where you have to walk a lot (with very steep hills too!), and if you skate or bike in them, they are gonna stretch out a lot... if you just rock them around the house or in the office and drive your SUV or sedan with an automatic transmission to places, you're not gonna get very much wear or stretching...

this is a great point. i wear my diors when i'm biking and skating so they've stretched the fuck out because i move around in them so much. now that it's cold out my outdoor activities are more limited so i bet if i wash them now it'll take longer for them to stretch back out again.

http://www.eluxury.com/browse/product_detail.jhtml?styleid=10973260&SectionID=7000

Is this is 21cm dior italian?

They seem a little tight from that picture.

dude, can you fucking read? It saids "Made in Italy"!

they're also too cheap for the japanese version...

hey guys,2 questions

1.basically,i bought the 19cm dior japans in waist 31, and im a waist 32 normally. The fit of hte jeans is fantastic, however I cannot do up all the buttons in the way id USUALLY wear them (ie,low on the hips,halfway down the arse). I can however do them up if i wear them high, like where the top of the jeans is below my belly button. However,im jsut wondering whether i should wear them up high,to stretch the wasit out so they will eventually sit on my arse, surely this will result in a saggy bum effect from where my bum has stretched the denim when i was wearing them high?should i rock them low or high?

2.I need to get my jeans altered to 32 leg as im not hte tallest guy, and to compensate for the low slung look. what stitchin is used on the hem, is it chain stitching?Will the tailor have the right thread to match the dneim?

Cheers guys

^they'll stretch. Just sitting there at your computer in them is going to be stretching them in the waistband. They'll fall to the hips pretty easily soon.

Yes, tailors have thread to match the hem. The hems are not chain either, so no worries there.

32 is pretty short though man, I am not too tall and my legs are short, and I wear my jeans low to boot, but still feel like my Diors need at least 35" to get the look. Cutting 5" off a pair of 19cms is gonna take them to 19-20cm hems, they'll look just like regular slim jeans then.

Ok everyone I've been gone forever so I haven't been keeping up on what's been jumping off over here... Anyway I thought I'd post an update of my 21cm Italian raw Diors. So here you go.

The jeans were washed once at six months and then again at 8 months of wear, hung to dry, etc... They're about a year old at this point. Enjoy...

dior21year01.jpg

dior21year02.jpg

dior21year03.jpg

dior21year09.jpg

dior21year04.jpg

dior21year05.jpg

dior21year06.jpg

dior21year07.jpg

dior21year08.jpg

dior21year010.jpg

Photos continued in next post...