Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

dudes, i got some black coated dior, but they stack retarded as hell i guess because the fabric wont soften up? any ideas besides try to beat the shit out of them for a month and look wack in the process. would soaking do anything? sorry if someone has already brought this up in the last 260 pages lulz.

red selvedge is cool, but i refuse to pay good money for pants that were made in a 3rd world country. i find it disgusting that dior is now making jeans in places other than japan and italy and charging the amount they do for them.

Whatever. Dior is just not the same brand as it used to be. I really hope Hedi Slimane makes some amazing raw jeans for his new collection. I wonder how similar his cuts will be to 19cm's and 21cm's considering he was the one who created both of those for dior. I can't wait to see what he does when he has more freedom both creatively and financially

how much more do the mij indigos stretch than the mij blacks? my blacks have stretched a lot in the waist (still pretty snug on the thigh, but i can pinch about an inch while standing) and i can pull them off pretty easily. should i size down for indigos?

if there is any upside to kriss van assche designing, it's the fact that he blew it so hard last season, that Dior dropped the prices on virtually everything for fall. just stopped by the BH store. amazing blazers for $1200-1400 that would have cost 2x or more last season. oh...and the grey 17.5cm jeans are really, really good. still, the line is not what it was, but for jeans, its the same cuts at cheaper.

eh..could be.

at least from the few pieces i was interested in at the LA store, they were considerably cheaper. belted wool coat for $1500, that normally would be far above $2000. they definitely have better blazers this season too from the few that i saw...they too were less expensive.

They're $330 now actually, not $325. Damned weak dollar.

oh, yeah i tried on a pair that they had leftover from FW 2007, and they were still 325. thanks for the clarification. also, i haven't worn dior raws in sometime, but i feel like they used to be WAYYYY stiffer when new. did anything change?

oh, yeah i tried on a pair that they had leftover from FW 2007, and they were still 325. thanks for the clarification. also, i haven't worn dior raws in sometime, but i feel like they used to be WAYYYY stiffer when new. did anything change?

The indigos were always a bit softer than the blacks. The black raws are incredibly stiff.

And while the FW 07 tags say $325, they still are rung up at $330.

Hi everybody,

I am planning on getting my Dauphins hemmed since they are really to long for me. They are even 4 cm longer than my other Dior jeans…!

My question now:

Since they are like raw denim (not distressed/washed), is it really necessary to ask the tailor for a euro hem (you know, the „sandwich method”) or would it also be ok if he just cuts of the excessive fabric and creates a new hem?

Would be great to hear some opinions / experiences from you? Those who hemmed their raws, which method did you choose?

Thanks in advance!

Hi everybody,

I am planning on getting my Dauphins hemmed since they are really to long for me. They are even 4 cm longer than my other Dior jeans…!

My question now:

Since they are like raw denim (not distressed/washed), is it really necessary to ask the tailor for a euro hem (you know, the „sandwich methodâ€) or would it also be ok if he just cuts of the excessive fabric and creates a new hem?

Would be great to hear some opinions / experiences from you? Those who hemmed their raws, which method did you choose?

Thanks in advance!

How long have you been wearing them already? Do they show any signs of wear at the hems and do you want to keep them? I think you get my drift......