MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

SC will continue to produce the line, yet the theme will be different.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're Dubtaps Vans Syndicate.

Back to MF;

Been wearing my newly issued gear for a week now, still no chance for pics, but I get nothing but compliments.

And the ShoreJacket's white denim is an absolute mindfuck, people simply cannot wrap their head around the concept.

I get "Oh, so it's just the backside of the denim, so just inside out" and "It's just not dyed yet/bleached!" quite alot.

Jeans are fantastic aswell, perfect lightweight for warmer weather, and wonderful slim up top with a nice straight leg.

Will try to get some pics over the weekend!

Pete is seriously the king of this shit.

No joke.

SC will continue to produce the line, yet the theme will be different.

Possible new concepts/themes could be, yet are not limited too, a United States Navy (First concept was Merchant Navy) line even though Mister Freedom has already covered most of the USN greats of the 30's-40's (except for the actual alpaca lined N-1 Deck Jacket). A WWII period based work wear inspired back story a'la Rosie the Riveter is a good candidate. A WWII period based USAF inspired line (There are so many coats and jackets for this) is another choice I think would work well. United States Army and Marine Corps concepts based in the WWII period are possible also.

I'm just so interested in seeing where this line could go. What new details could Christophe possibly add to these classic pieces? I'm also a little saddened that a naval theme will be leaving Mister Freedom. I love every piece.

I'd be excited to see some RR worker or Depression-era type workwear. Or will it always be military-inspired?

It's not restricted to anything, the way he described it to me. Christophe is going to design future Mister Freedom lines based off of his interests in vintage clothing, which, as you would expect, are not limited to military repros.

so since MFSC are going to be working on their next line, is the current line's availability just going to end when it all sells out? (I think I read that it is?..but just double checking)

If this is the case I'm gonna be kicking myself for the rest of my life for not having the CPO overshirt, it's one of the nicest shirts i've seen ever, and every potential shirt i'd buy in that style would just feel like a compromise.

so since MFSC are going to be working on their next line, is the current line's availability just going to end when it all sells out? (I think I read that it is?..but just double checking)

If this is the case I'm gonna be kicking myself for the rest of my life for not having the CPO overshirt, it's one of the nicest shirts i've seen ever, and every potential shirt i'd buy in that style would just feel like a compromise.

Don't worry...as long as Christophe is collaborating with Sugarcane there will be too many amazing garments for one person to buy, or at least one person to give the wear they deserve. I miss the one that I sold, but I can't wait to grab a piece from the upcoming collection that serves a similar function and integrate it into my wardrobe. I am definitely sad to see the Naval Tailor concept set sail, but based on Christophe's record of only outstanding pieces, I am not at all worried, except for my wallet. Speaking of which, I would be very happy to see a Mister Freedom line that included accessories, as I am sure those would only be fantastic as well.

I held off buying Mister Freedom's first utility Pea coat that was released last summer. It all sold out but luckily for me, Christophe re-released the coat again in very limited quantities. I've been wearing it everyday and absolutely love it. When I visited his store, he still has the CPO shirt available in M , L and XL.

thanks for the quick replies guys, kinda bummed but I'm sure the next line will be just as amazing, can't wait to see what Christophe does next

I was also wondering if there'd be accessories in the future, I'm sure he'd have some great takes on shoes/boots, gloves, belts, wallets/wallet reigns and the like

thanks for the info aubrgene,

hmm...might be able to put some funds together and get that size M

I held off buying Mister Freedom's first utility Pea coat that was released last summer. It all sold out but luckily for me, Christophe re-released the coat again in very limited quantities. I've been wearing it everyday and absolutely love it. When I visited his store, he still has the CPO shirt available in M , L and XL.

Did you ever post up pics?

Here I am today with one of my Mister Freedom chambrays...excuse the lackluster lighting and the ridiculous grin

waywt42709.jpg

looks good man.

quick question...does anyone know where I can find the japanese magazine clipping of chambrays that featured ones by mister freedom and RRL on it? I remember seeing it on superdenim but can't find it anymore.

I wish I had larger scans. Anyone have this beautiful issue?

Photos were taken from earlier in this thread I believe.

feapril2008coverol1.jpg

feapril2008fsn4.jpg

feapril2008cfz0.jpg

^^^ I have that issue and it's a great one. I bought it at a Japanese Book Store on Sawtelle Blvd. here in L.A. The Mister Freedom Pea Coat in that photo is the same one I bought 2 weeks ago.

Got these from Photo. Many thanks for shipping them as soon as you did. I gave them an additional hot wash on arrival and the jeans shrunk up a little more than your original measurements.

Size 34 (most of my SCs are 33-34)

Waist - 17in

Thigh - 12.5in

Inseam - 32in

They fit sort of somewhere between ALD Frontier and SDA D01. Definitely not as slim as shown on Cotton Duck on SE. I normally wear slim straights, so this is a nice change. Love the little details like the irregular shaped pockets, the secret coin pocket, and the horsehide cargo pocket is already starting to grain up. Awesome.

mf01.jpg

mf02.jpg

Sorry about fiddling with the balance a little. Shot these at night, and it doesn't do the detailing justice, if I left it as is.

Have a few small gripes though. Firstly, the belt loops are almost useless. They hang off the waistband like droopy (insert sexually explicit noun here) and the two front ones are too close together. So no belts with keepers, so no ironheart belt (my fav). Will have to pull my SC belt out of storage. And the hawaii denim is crocking like crazy. Even more so than my own pair of hawaii's. I'm sitting on towels as I speak, and my hands are blue. But apart from that, these are amazing jeans, so much more different to any that I own.

edit: wtf? I just noticed that the left leg is just one big tube (no outer seam). I love this shit!