MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only ones that came with the bag were the 8 jackets that were sent to J.Crew.

The bags don't look like you could use them for much, anyway. Maybe a pillowcase? Come to think of it, a MFSC throw pillow would be nice.

Just talked to MF HQ... J.Crew is not carrying anything else, that foul weather coat was a one-off thing they wanted to carry from last season.

immediatly ordered the two shirts in XL - nuff said!

I'm VERY tempted to pick up the white chambray, now that I realize it is unsanforized. The size I needed would have had sleeves that were slightly too short. I figure I can shrink the body and stretch the sleeves if I need to.

Kiya- any idea if the indigo facing and thread might bleed through the white chambray?

Kiya- any idea if the indigo facing and thread might bleed through the white chambray?

I sure hope it does.

I sure hope it does.

I should have known you'd say that.

Thanks for the photo, TT. Damn that looks nice!

Mister Freedom - The Third and Final Chapter

The last chapter of the "MFSC Naval Clothing Tailors" has unfolded.

The two previous collections, Spring 08 and Fall 08, captured the working gear and duty clothes that our Sailor had custom tailored in local ports during his 10 year service at sea in the Merchant Navy.

His duty Tour ended in 1946 in the waters of the Indian Ocean. Thereafter the whereabouts of our Seaman are unknown, but his wooden personal locker recently surfaced in a Southern California estate sale.

Unopened for over 60 years it contained a collection of his personal clothes, tailor made for his private use, when on shore leave and off duty.

The designs of this personal wardrobe came from the "MFSC Naval Supply Research" department and some items were labeled as "Experimental Garment" and made in very limited quantities as test pieces. None of them were intended to be worn on board during service, but rare photographs show our Sailor proudly sporting these garments while at liberty on some Indian Ocean shores...

The locker contained:

MFSC JS-09: A white denim Shore Jacket

MFSC PS-09: A pair of denim trousers

MFSC 645-N and 645-W: Two off-duty custom color Chambray shirts

MFSC SS-09: A pair of white denim Bermudas

MFSC VS-09: A multi-pocket denim vest

All these items are now available in extremely limited numbers in-store and in our online store and now even come in women's sizes; check the online store for full spec lists for all six items:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=74

mf_shirt_blue_01_web-707318.jpg

mf_shirt_blue_03_web-726741.jpg

mf_shirt_white_01_web-786388.jpg

mf_shirt_white_03_web-786328.jpg

mf_jeans_01_web-729915.jpg

mf_jeans_02_web-729859.jpg

mf_jeans_04_web-793665.jpg

mf_shorts_01_web-793602.jpg

mf_shorts_02_web-748232.jpg

mf_shorts_03_web-748172.jpg

You should call the Mister Freedom shop in LA. Or, depending on your size, the 7161md jeans are available at Hinoya.

I would love to enlist the help of anyone who owns the white chambray and either of the blue chambrays in the same size...has the shrinking been consistent (or at least close) between the two, or is there a marked difference because of the different material used. I am basically between sizes on the light blue shirt, and am trying to figure out what I should order for the white one. Thanks in advance.

They should both shrink about the same amount.