MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

samuel, simply amazing! i try and wear my pieces, but not as much as i can cause i have to wear scrubs most of the time. i hope mines turn out somewhat like yours.... in time.

sam,

what is that cap you are wearing?

tt, i believe it's a custom wild child cap by by samuel himself.

cotton+duck+hat.jpg

cotton+duck+hat004.jpg

cotton+duck+hat005.jpg

cotton+duck+hat006.jpg

cottondge+hat+011.jpg

cottondge+hat+010.jpg

Thanks all, for the nice responses!

Pete is correct in that I made the hat myself, but it;s not Wild Child, I just made it under my own name. Please forgive the botched stitching...

Slightly modified my PS-09md's and VS-09 today, just small things. Stitched down the corners of the cargo pockets on the pants, and added a flap over the iPhone pocket on the vest, to prevent my phone from going flying...

Pics of which will follow.

Also, Rocco, I've been wearing my CPO EVERYDAY since Nov. 6th and recently gave it it's first machine wash.

Pics soon!

I can't get over that calligraphy signature! its impossible!

the 'er' at the end of mister and the 'f' and 'om' of freedom are all connected together as one flowing unit

So this means it had to be written as either Mister F...om, with the om written backwards, and then the 'reed' filled in last

or maybe the om was written first and then looped back to write the F and er was written backward and the rest as filled in last?

Nope, not me! I'm about a thousand miles away... and wishing that was me in a signal vest.

oh... ok. i thought it was you.

That was Doc.. he works in downtown San Mateo and takes Caltrain to work from the city AND owns the Signal Vest.

I don't think this has been mentioned here yet, but there are MF tees up on J Crew. Does anyone know if these are just J Crew tees with Christophe's stencils? If so, that's a pretty big markup from J Crew. Why am I not surprised?

I don't think this has been mentioned here yet, but there are MF tees up on J Crew. Does anyone know if these are just J Crew tees with Christophe's stencils? If so, that's a pretty big markup from J Crew. Why am I not surprised?

Those aren't the same tees we carry at Self Edge, the ones we carry are hand screened by Christophe himself on vintage deadstock tees.

The ones they have at JCrew are reproductions of those made by Toyo.

Ah, ok. I prefer the deadstock tees you have, kiya, but I waited too long to get the red anchor tee in my size. At least the ones on J Crew aren't just their tees. Still, that's a bit steep considering they are repros.

picked up a pair of the MF shorts in 34 about a month ago from the MF store. someone requested fit pics awhile back (and i think some were already posted), but i'm a little slow with the photo uploads. here they are anyhow:

3547664396_86eee138ca.jpg?v=0

these shorts are amazing! not sure if i've ever been this excited about a pair of shorts (that didn't have a cro-mags screen on them). i'm confused about the denim on these - it makes no sense! i know that the warp/weft was swapped, but shouldn't they be indigo on the inside? the inside looks like the inside of normal jeans and the outside looks even more white. but there's still indigo threads mixed in there, and blue is popping out in weird places... what's going on?! someone break this down for me...

also, when i hopped in the tub to soak these, the water revealed all sorts of crazy patterns in the denim (can i call it denim?) that then disappeared again (partially) after drying...like disappearing ink. hard to describe, but very very cool - unfortunately, i don't carry a camera in the bathtub.

first photos i saw of these, i thought they were the ugliest shants i'd ever seen. the photos with them rolled up on self edge completely changed my mind though. i rolled them at least a dozen times trying to get a good cuff while they were damp.

i plan to surf in these all summer and let the ocean do to them what it may. i may experiment with letting them dry under the sun with out a fresh water rinse from time to time. i'm really hoping/expecting to see some interesting stuff from these. i'll post pics if anything cool happens.