MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am relieved that I don't like any of it :)

To sum it up into a few words.

Although, I might have a different opinion if I was able to see the garments in person.

I am buying the entire collection with the exception of the coat.

I relate to this far more than the naval theme personally..

I relate to this far more than the naval theme personally..

I'm the opposite, really. The Naval Tailor line will always be my favorite line of clothing. Ever. In the entire world. That said, the new stuff looks amazingly fantastic, as usual. But, I can probably only see myself in the dungarees...

okay,

I took a look at the link... Not sure what to think about this stuff.

Things I really liked were the club shirts... I would actually wear them.

The Mechanic shirt was okay...

Then it got a little too Melrose Fashion...

The Mullholland Master jacket would have been better if it wasn't such a mix-match of stuff... WWII paratrooper jacket meets a fireman's jacket with what looks like a big plaid tongue?

didn't get the jeans with the rivet thing on the leg?

Why did they put rusty hardware on those boots?

why not use American Horsehide?

Everything looked a tad too fashiony for me. Too "Von Dutchish" especially that leather jacket.

Keep in mind this is just my opinion and it this stuff works for you go for it.

Anyone have an idea as to what the "Never-Rip-Um" Back Pockets are all about on the jeans? I only really want them, the other pieces are quite busy for me but still crazy construction. The boots are actually real nice just probably will not be able to afford them.

Anyone have an idea as to what the "Never-Rip-Um" Back Pockets are all about on the jeans? I only really want them, the other pieces are quite busy for me but still crazy construction. The boots are actually real nice just probably will not be able to afford them.

Looks like the pocket is sewn into the outer seam of the jeans, so maybe that along with crazy reinforced stitching?

Price points are about the same as f/w according to jared at MF. Around 400-425 for the jeans, 250-290 ffor the workshirt, 350 or so for the sweater, around 900 for the jungle cloth, 100-150 for the crewnecks, just not sure on the boots, but those WILL be expensive, only one or two of each size. I'm throughly amazed by this line, so wearable, will buy everything but the leather stuff.

Start saving ya'll...

Mister Freedom's Fall collection isn't cheap.

The hat is $330 and the leather jacket is $2000.

Everything is else expected MF prices, yet the jeans are cheaper than prior models by about $40.

Edit: don't get too worked up about the boots, they're not part of the FW09 collection, they're a far bit off..

The comments on the Hypebeast repost of the A Time To Get article make me kind of sad...

People are afraid of what they don't understand (yet) it seems...

I read those comments as well. I totally agree with you Cotton. They just don't understand . As for the price of Mister freedom . His stuff is not that expenisve compared to some of these designers that mass produce that china made crap or whatever country there made in. It's a dying art: the combo of high quailty materials, craftmanship, design and just plain cool stuff.

^ isn't it illegal to kill a horse for its hide? (atleast in the US; made illegal in the 1960s). All the horsehide comes from horses that died of natural reasons, which is also one of the reasons why horsehide if more expensive than cowhide.