MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

For anybody in the Bay Area, we'll be showing the entire the fall collection at the store Saturday (June 27) from around 1pm to closing, if all works out.

If you plan on coming down and want to make sure the line is there just give us a quick call before coming down (415 558 0658).

They'll only be at the store for one day.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anybody in the Bay Area, we'll be showing the entire the fall collection at the store Saturday (June 27) from around 1pm to closing, if all works out.

If you plan on coming down and want to make sure the line is there just give us a quick call before coming down (415 558 0658).

You're not selling any of it? I was thinking of coming by the store tomorrow. I'm somewhat local and I've never been.

Hey kiya since you have seen the new collection. Could you possibly tell me how the new denim pants fit compared to the 7161 mds? Also I have seen pics of them . But no back pocket shots . What are they like? Any info would be great. Wish I lived in the area . Too far away to make it to the preview. Thanks.

The Self Edge showing is Saturday July 4th.. We'll be serving drinks all day and showing off the Fall collection. Come by, try on the leather jacket, have a few beers, do a wheelie down Valencia street on my motorcycle.

The Self Edge showing is Saturday July 4th.. We'll be serving drinks all day and showing off the Fall collection. Come by, try on the leather jacket, have a few beers, do a wheelie down Valencia street on my motorcycle.

But can I do a wheelie in the bicycle lane, going the wrong way in front of the mission district police station? :)

The video that was just posted is pretty neat:

http://www.misterfreedom.com/

I thought the VO was perfect and loved the music. It fit for some reason.

The video desaturated and mixed with original film was hard to look at and the triple exposer thing was really annoying. Would have been fine here and there, but it felt like I was at a disco. would have looked great if it was shot on super 8 or 16 and then mixed with the original. But whatcha gonna do?

I assume all that footage was public domain?

i'd like to hear your thoughts. Please say what you can about any of the pieces. Personally, I am eyeing the mechanic's shirt.

I'm not Bill, but last I talked to Bill, the mechanics shirt was the only piece he didn't get a hands on look at. Yesterday, I did, and I should warn you that if you are already eyeing that shirt based on online pictures, you might as well just set the money aside now, because it is significantly better in person, on a whole different level as far as workshirts like that go. Christophe told me that the salt & pepper material was something that Toyo milled for him based on the material from a French child's blouse from ?I want to say the 20's but it could have been 1900-1930s, forgot what he said? It is slightly heavier than the Naval workshirts and seems like it will be a little more rugged. No hidden pockets, but there is military style taping/reinforcing on the inside of the shirt for the two visible chest pockets. I didn't try it on but Christophe said it is essentially a very similar cut to the naval shirts. I have a hunch that Christophe is the model for the prototype mediums for all MFxSC and then the patterns are graded from there, which is a long way of saying that it is a safe bet that all Mister Freedom shirts will fit effectively the same. It is a fantastic shirt, and might make it tough for me to stick to me strict 3-shirt rotation.

Just as a reminder, this Saturday:

The Self Edge showing of the F/W09 Mister Freedom collection is Saturday July 4th.. We'll be serving drinks all day and showing off the Fall collection. Come by, try on the leather jacket, have a few beers, do a wheelie down Valencia street on a motorcycle.

Tmadd/bill, is the jungle cloth jacket even more mindblowing in real life? Have either of you tried it on? I'm curious aboutthe length of it. Also do the new jeans look to have a slim or loose fit? Thanks

The jungle cloth jacket is about as good as it gets. I didn't get to try it on, but christophe said the lenght was short enough that you wouldn't be sitting on it but long enough that it wouldn't be up your back. I won't be purchasing it because a) I decided to get an NH1 B) belted jackets aren't a good look for me c) I can forsee length issues for me in the size that fits my shoulders right. That said, i have already started lobbying close friends to purchase it because I need to see one on a regular basis. It is also a cool piece because it is incredibly versatile in terms of what "looks" it can be incorporated into...I think we will see it worn in a wide variety of ways and by people who haven't been into anything from MF to this point.

Based on how they looked on Christophe I would say the jeans might be slightly more slim than the 7161s but that they are essentially for people who like that general silhouette. I didn't get to give them much of an inspection as Christophe was wearing them, but my initial impression is that they are a less obvious denim nerd/vintage tour de force. Not to say they lack the intricate detailing and delightful functionality because they do, they are just more likely to appear as "normal jeans" to the average eye. Didn't get to look at the denim up close or ask any questions about it, so I'm not sure if it is new or something that has previously been used in the line, I will find more about this soon.

Also, the biggest surprise for me was how much I liked the cafe racer jacket. The horsehide on it is beautiful and it is just starting to show the first signs of wear from christophe riding around with it. Every detail compliments the whole, including and maybe even especially the stars. Even with the stars it is super wearable and the only cafe racer I have ever wanted.

Hey Bill,

So far I think I'm the only one who's excited about the greaser hat. I know you are a hat man. What do you have to say about it?

The hat is amazing, i don't think i've ever seen a hat with leather this sturdy and heavy used. I'm sure after some heavy use this would be something you'd want to use for the rest of your life.

The price is a bit steep at $360, but worth it if you've always been waiting for a hat this intense in build and look.

Christophe said it may come in late September maybe

even end of October. Thanks for the info bill, it all sounds perfect, just as I thought it would be, reallllly want the cloth jacket more than anything. And kiya the way you're talkig about that hat god it sounds so good, but I don't wear hats enough to justify it. Maybe I need to ahahaha. This wait is gonna suck but is so good so I can save all that money up. I hope we get this much notice before s/s 10 hahhaha

The hat is amazing, i don't think i've ever seen a hat with leather this sturdy and heavy used. I'm sure after some heavy use this would be something you'd want to use for the rest of your life.

The price is a bit steep at $360, but worth it if you've always been waiting for a hat this intense in build and look.

I don't mean to keep harping, but the hat really? It seems very "Village People" to me....

I mean I get whole Brando thing, but some vintage looking motorcycle things just don't "go" today... And for that price you can buy a nice horsehide motorcycle jacket...

When is this stuff gonna be available for purchase?

Second week of October.

Hey Bill,

So far I think I'm the only one who's excited about the greaser hat. I know you are a hat man. What do you have to say about it?

I'm on the fence about the hat myself..... The black horsehide breaks down to a pretty patina really fast on a smaller garment like that; its gonna get folded and rubbed and creased alot more than a jacket will daily. A good broken in one, slopped over to one side will probably look badass. Gonna wait till my size is avail. to try on a make a game-time decision.....

The hat seems like it will look great after some patina develops. Just taking this opportunity to plead again to Christophe to produce the jungle cloth jacket in a size 46. I have been saving up for a meal at The French Laundry, but I would have no problem blowing it on that glorious garment.

Wanted to snap a picture of my little family of Mister Freedom Chambrays. I have worn one of these everyday since the beginning of March and will continue this until at least the end of the year.

DSCN1348.jpg

Wanted to snap a picture of my little family of Mister Freedom Chambrays. I have worn one of these everyday since the beginning of March and will continue this until at least the end of the year.

haha, i am currently looking at the same arrangement in my wardrobe.

yours look exactly like mine (with the sleeves up on the light blue and dark blue one).

great shirts, which get my love every day!