MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

Can somebody explain me the difference between the Type MFSC N-1H Jacket and the Buzz Rickson Hook Deck Jacket?

The whole material used is definitly the same. Additionally, the MF jacket is also produced by SugarCane (Toyo Enterprises), same as the Buzz Rickson.

The only difference that is obvious to me is the stenceling!

Odd thing is, the MF Jacket costs me 810-890$ (630-700€) when I buy it in the US and 800€ when I buy it in a local shop - but, the BR Jacket costs me 340€ in Japan and 200 Pounds Sterling (230€) in the UK. Shipping not incl., except for the generous offer by SelfEdge and the local shop.

Seems to be a mismatch somehow - so what is the big difference?!

No offence here, I really just want to know the difference - actual facts!

I know that C. goes a long way to get everything right, according to his vision and detailed as hell ...

Is it the cut? Did I miss some material details? I simply do not get it!

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can somebody explain me the difference between the Type MFSC N-1H Jacket and the Buzz Rickson Hook Deck Jacket?

The whole material used is definitly the same. Additionally, the MF jacket is also produced by SugarCane (Toyo Enterprises), same as the Buzz Rickson.

The only difference that is obvious to me is the stenceling!

Odd thing is, the MF Jacket costs me 810-890$ (630-700€) when I buy it in the US and 800€ when I buy it in a local shop - but, the BR Jacket costs me 340€ in Japan and 200 Pounds Sterling (230€) in the UK. Shipping not incl., except for the generous offer by SelfEdge and the local shop.

Seems to be a mismatch somehow - so what is the big difference?!

No offence here, I really just want to know the difference - actual facts!

I know that C. goes a long way to get everything right, according to his vision and detailed as hell ...

Is it the cut? Did I miss some material details? I simply do not get it!

The cut is very different - the Mister Freedom deck jacket has no knit at the bottom. Instead it has draw strings, and is longer waisted. It is the bottom of a a N-1 Deck jacket, essentially. The Buzz jacket will be short and boxy, similar to a Army Tanker jacket. The blanket lining is particular to the Mister Freedom jacket, as well, though yes, both are wool blanket lined. Also the zipper on the Buzz Rickson jacket is different from the Mister Freedom, which has a repro 30's hookless Talon slider. The Hook Deck jacket by Buzz Rickson has no zipper.

-Jake

I also procured a CPO shirt from a member on this site, Just gotta wait for it to get here from down under. Does anyone know about the next incarnation of jeans for this line? I love these past ones with the leather pocket and the back pockets but missed those as well.

i saw one a few days ago that got snagged up by b dawg, other than that, good luck man. you could probably get an xl, as it is very very very roomy.

just had that discussion with kiya. since i will need a pit-to-pit of 22.5"-23" (45"-46" chest) after wash, the xxl seems to be the only choice.

the mf chambray does fit me in a xl, but slimmest cut possible in the chest.

I definitely swooped on that, sorry dude :) I'll be keeping that shirt out of the dryer after seeing those pics, haha. My roomies would be pissed.

Just e-mailed Christophe last week to see if I can get a pair of the 7161mds before they're all gone.

Wear starting on my MFSC 7161md's, some whiskering and knee wear starting. Got these late October and wearing them a couple times a week. No washes, when I got a them I took a cold shower in them and did my squats. Probably Not as broken in as much as Cotton Ducks but on my way. Better photos to come. Sorry for the cheesy photos on vacation. Mad props cotton and kiya for your dedication to this site! T-shirt by www.homageclothing.com, check his shit he has some great shirts.

Picture%2028%20copy.png

Picture%2025%20copy.png

^^ Measurements in abit after I dry it again. Mines an XXL, it might help others for the measurements.

So after another hot wash and tumble dry my CPO is now 23.5" pit to pit. That's down an inch in the chest, so not as much shrinkage as some but hopefully gives some understanding for shrinkage.

I don't know the exact temperature of the wash it was on whites which is the hottest, not the most up to date washer. I don't know my chest size exactly but I prefer buying shirts around a 46, I can reference some other shirts I got for interest if you need. Fit pic tonight, the denim is so soft and a lighter blue now its really nice.