WAYWT? [Denim Version] 2014

Davil

nice pocket tee! is that a chinese brand you bought from taobao? hows the quality and sizing? thx~

Yeah, Bob Dong is the brand and I think it's only sold through Taobao. I have a couple T-Shirts and a wabash vest and pants by them. Fabrics feel nice and sturdy, not really heavy but substantial. Stitching and craftmanship are really decent, I like the looks a lot with the contrast stitching (not really apparent in that pic). 

Sizing is a bit on the smaller side if you only go by the western S-M-L but they provide measurement charts that are reliable. The Tees are a bit shorter than what you'd expect from western T-Shirts but that's just fine by me. I haven't washed those Shirts a whole lot yet so I can't speak to long term quality, but I have no bad feelings about this, they seem like they'll hold their shape and color just fine.

The thing with those shirts is that they're dirt cheap (the price for that Tee works out to 11.43$ (before shipping and proxy fees)) and you're getting a whole lot more quality than what 11$ will buy you in Japan, Europe or the USA... I'm sure that e.g. a Flathead Tee will still be a whole other level, but I like the bang for buck. 

Day before yesterday:

6i72MvDl.jpg

Levi's Redloop jacket

Levi's "modern sawtooth" hidden placket western chambray

LVC 1947 501

Sendra

(3 different Levi's lines in one fit, should have noticed that)

Yesterday:

T8XZEHXl.jpg

LVC "Parsons" sawtooth shirt

vintage Levi's henley

Dillon Montara NR-30

Chucks

Edited by Cucoo

That jacket is an incredible piece…I'd love to see it in the context of full on weirdo steez, but it's growing on me a little bit as a statement piece of sorts in what is otherwise a pretty straightforward fit.  I mean, really, that jacket is so good, I think you could pull it off with sweatpants, and I fucking hate sweatpants!  Looks like it's evolving quickly, and very beautifully.

Really taking a liking to this Duck jacket by Bob Dong, it's a bit shorter than what I'm used to but I think it still works with shorter T-Shirts. Fabric still has some weird lines and folds and needs to settle more.

8redABwl.jpg

mHgDGYZl.jpg

Bob Dong duck cotton jacket

Bob Dong Wabash vest

Bronson indigo pocket tee

Unbranded UB301

Chucks

slighty on the smaller size, get a size up or go tts for a trimmer fit. the shirt it's not intended to be slim fit, I went slighty up to a 17.5, which I think it's the bigger size they make. Chinese sizing works a treat for myself as the bigger sizes are not intended for very tall guys, a euro 17.5 shirt would be definitely too long for me to be worn untucked (I'm 178 cm) and sleeves would be too long too!

slighty on the smaller size, get a size up or go tts for a trimmer fit. the shirt it's not intended to be slim fit, I went slighty up to a 17.5, which I think it's the bigger size they make. Chinese sizing works a treat for myself as the bigger sizes are not intended for very tall guys, a euro 17.5 shirt would be definitely too long for me to be worn untucked (I'm 178 cm) and sleeves would be too long too!

Yeah, I have the same experience with Chinese sizing, the shorter length works great for me, too :)

Moving into the new digs in SF this week. If anyone has strong feelings about things to do in the city, shoot me a message (yes, I know there's a Self Edge out here ;) )

unnamed.jpg

Uniqlo / Samurai / Clarks

I'm just getting ready to go out, and have popped on Lee Riders. Bought deadstock off eBay, they feature a Scovill zip and United Garment Workers Union logo on the reverse of the care tag. 100% cotton, natch, and Made in USA :) Don't know if anyone knows if these are true vtg, or perhaps a bit of a repro number? I know we have LVC of course, and I know Wrangler put out quite a lot of repros, so wonder if Lee did the same? Nice to think they could actually be late '70's, early 80's though :)