UES Official Contest 2014/1/1 - 2014/12/31

beautiful_FrEaK

Lee told me that he will have the official contest page up by the weekend.

He also said that not all participants have submitted their required pictures. You can find his post in my first post. But here are the main parts again:

And what i need are

1. covering picture
2. 1 month picture if ready ( front and back side , some close up)
3. your comment, or anything you want to tell us

Please write the title as  Denim Contest.

Actually , it is just like a diary book. A book that shows how you enjoy your life with the jeans.
Any story ,photos, please feel free to send me and i will upload it for you.

Thank you.

Nice weekend!

Lee

I followed your advice bradl and tried cuffing them. I definitely like the look, bit I will stick to my plan. After having them cuffed I looked down and noticed something. The selvedge of the right leg was much wider than the selvedge of the left leg:

d8d97613a9f1f36727cb874e5bce2a9c.jpg

The difference is so small that it's extremely hard to notice it while I'm wearing them. I measured them and it seems that the right hem is 0.2 inch / 0,5 cm smaller than the left one... Stange. 

I think I'm blessed with a unique production error  B)

Ok, here's my pair! First impressions: damn soft denim, nice brown weft, no slubs, pretty "boring" looking denim (switching from the 19 oz Samurais), fantastic pocket bag material. Three buttons and missing hidden rivets are unusual to me.

zxe2.jpg

nvq6.jpg
tlma.jpg
hxyz.jpg
zjgd.jpg
e2kt.jpg
lsmq.jpg
uvjo.jpg

Edited by Max Power

I can't believe what just happened...almost 2 months after the order I finally got my Jeans. Will post Pictures when I'm home and soak them. Thanks for going through this with me :-)

Thank God, I was afraid all of Thinn Finn's hard work at the gym was going to be wasted.

Looking good Flo! Yeah, they are quite comfortable from the cut & from the denim. That's really nice when you wear them a lot or sit a lot at your desk at work (no stiff denim bunching up in the crotch area, etc. ;) )

Just try a cuff and see what you like better. But I predict a bit more shrinkage in the long run

Will wear them stacked the next days, to see how they look when the combs have settled and to prevent early cuffing marks. I'm in Berlin in 3 weeks, until then I'll know wether to get them hemmed or not. They shrank 2" in the inseam, so I think there's a Little but not much shrinkage left.

The measurements:

W: 89 cm / 84 cm

T: 35 cm / 33 cm

FR: 28,5 cm / 27 cm

IN: 93 cm / 88 cm

LO: 21,5 cm / 20,5 cm

A nice touch are the widely shaped front pockets. I don't have another pair with pockets that reach down that far. I really like it.

Hey Guys, I did anothey soak yesterday. This time for one hour. Results:

Waist:            16,6 (same)
Front rise:     10,5 (same)

Back rise:      14,5 (same)

Upper thigh:  12,6 (- 0.3'')
Knee:             9,1 (- 0.1'')

Hem:              7,65 (- 0,25'')

Not really my style, but I made this pic with my iPhone. I didn't want to wait till saturday. I am very pleased with the results. The 'hipflair' is a little less and the legs are a tad slimmer. 

5292b503f34b3dbacf8d29ba50a7bbaf.jpg

Ok, here's my pair! First impressions: damn soft denim, nice brown weft, no slubs, pretty "boring" looking denim (switching from the 19 oz Samurais), fantastic pocket bag material. Three buttons and missing hidden rivets are unusual to me.

What about your impression right now after the post soak? i'm just curious.. haha  :P

Still soft, just like sweatpants. They feel lighter than 14,9 oz, but I've switched from 19 oz Samurai denim. I love the brown tone of the jeans and how much room I have everywhere. The fit feels perfect, but I know that the fit looks weird due to hip flare and the not too flattering backside (others have this issue as well, i think :ph34r:).

I might not sound euphoric, but I feel like these are going to be great and will reveal their true quality and character when fading and worn hard. Right now I can't believe that this should be the same fabric as seen in the faded examples.

Yes we do ;) But I still think the fit will get better and better. Even if the jeans feel soft they are still more rigid than any pre-wash or worn-in pair and the flare should settle and the look from the back, too.

I feel you on your second paragraph. As I unpacked the package I kinda felt like I did with my Denime 66XX for the contest back then. The first look of them is rather bland and they are “missing†some little details (coin pocket selvage, hidden rivets, arcs). So I was a bit underwhelmed, especially if you compare those two jeans (UES&Denime) with Samurai or any other brand that uses a lot of small little details and heavy textured denim.

They reveal their beauty bit by bit. I am still in love with the pocket bags on the UES!. And I think the denim holds a lot of character once worn in.

We discussed this before I think: This kind of denim (from UES, Denime, Fullcount and others in that range) appear “boring†at first sight compared to Strike Gold, Samurai, PBJ and the like.

But I still think that with those heavy weight and heavy textured denim of the beforehand mentioned brands, the outcome is more predictable and determined.

And with brands like UES, Denime, Warehosue, etc. you have more “room†to create fades.

I hope you guys get what I wanted to say :D

The SDA 15oz rht denim is similarly underwhelming at first too: smooth, flat and regular with no bells or whistles. It seems a clichè but these types of denim really do reveal their characteristics only through wear and fading. So you all know what you've got to do then... ;)

Nice essay, B_f, I'm with you 100%. The patch is another great example for your statements. I just thought of my 500XX Patch, with all the little details compared to the very simple UES patch. But this one will look better with age, by contrast the beauty of the Samurai patch will diminish with time.

The fit: Tell me what you think :P34o7.jpgf0v4.jpgalhf.jpgne38.jpgehft.jpg

Sorry Flo for neg rep catched the wrong button on my IPhone!! They're looking great on you!!

Seeing all of these pictures, I feel ashamed for not updating more regularly! Had time to take a couple of pictures when I was in my car. I don't know why, but the hairiness of the denim really struck me and caught me off guard, so I had to snap some photos (albeit with a phone, so sorry for the shitty quality).

P0sgFlk.jpg

ikvcvar.jpg